Mcminn County vs Clinton

RichyRich

On 10/29/2023 at 9:08 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

So how does Clinton lose to Lenoir City like they did. 

Clinton lost to Anderson County the week before they played Lenoir City and that is the game Keith got injured.  Clinton came out against LC running out of the wildcat....I believe Josh was still in pain from the AC game and Clinton's offense was out of sync all night.  Lenoir City scored 2 defensive touchdowns and that was all they needed to pull off the win 

I believe if Clinton and Lenoir City played again, Clinton would win by 20+.

5 minutes ago, MCKees said:

I don’t know where Clinton is on this but ideally you would like to be playing your best football this time of year. For some reason we are not. We seemed to have peaked mid season. I hope we can get some mojo back or it may be an early exit for us 

Clinton hasn't stopped anybody's running game all year, and they are very inconsistent from drive to drive on offense.  If McMinn just plays their normal ball control type game plan and limits the number of possessions and time of possession for Clinton, they should win comfortably.  I have a hunch that this game will get beyond chippy in Athens.  Both teams really struggle with personal fouls, ejections, unsportsmanlike kind of stuff.  This thing could end up in a brawl.  Good thing is the officials will not be from the Chattanooga Association.  

6 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Clinton hasn't stopped anybody's running game all year, and they are very inconsistent from drive to drive on offense.  If McMinn just plays their normal ball control type game plan and limits the number of possessions and time of possession for Clinton, they should win comfortably.  I have a hunch that this game will get beyond chippy in Athens.  Both teams really struggle with personal fouls, ejections, unsportsmanlike kind of stuff.  This thing could end up in a brawl.  Good thing is the officials will not be from the Chattanooga Association.  

cat

McMinn uses the Cleveland/Athens Association not Chattanooga. This game could very well be officiated by officials from Chattanooga. Do not disagree with your assessment or the potential for penalties

The Clinton coaches feel good about the draw.They seem confident about playing some different guys at RB and moving the ball.If you can whip Clinton upfront they really struggle but they think McMinn has a solid defense but not good enough upfront to stop the run and more importantly get after the QB.I think the Clinton QB will run more than he has all year.The Clinton defense is a weakness but the style of offense McMinn plays is what Clinton is best at stopping.I was thinking Mcminn 28 to 20 but now going with Clinton.Lets just hope the Clinton coaches are better at evaluating than they are coaching.The Oak Ridge /McMinn game was so odd I cant remember much about what McMinn had.Just going off what they say Clinton has a big advantage at skill spots.McMinn a little better upfront but not enough to matter.I guess we will find out because I thought McMinn was pretty good upfront.

Clinton can score with the good skill guys they have, if Josh Keith is healthy and on, he can cause real problems for the Cherokees and the Kees best not get too far behind early. I think the lines both favor McMinn, and Clinton's defense is suspect against the run and that is what McMinn does. Definate edge to McMinn in the kicking game as well....I think it will be McMinn by a score of 21-12. 

13 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Clinton can score with the good skill guys they have, if Josh Keith is healthy and on, he can cause real problems for the Cherokees and the Kees best not get too far behind early. I think the lines both favor McMinn, and Clinton's defense is suspect against the run and that is what McMinn does. Definate edge to McMinn in the kicking game as well....I think it will be McMinn by a score of 21-12. 

I still say that there is an all out brawl at some point before during and/or after this one.  Whichever team plays in round 2 will be missing some guys.