Head Coaching Openings 2023

SSHawks12

5 hours ago, HarrisFootball said:

HC is going to attract a lot of candidates. From OC / DC to Head Coaches this one should have no shortage of quality applicants.  HC has always been a really solid team, I do however think they are in for a tough year next year (compared to where they have been the past few). 

They definitely got a lot of shoes to fill. Losing 20 plus seniors for the third year in a row and a lot of talent. Anytime you know you'll have a new QB taking his first meaningful snaps in a HS game you can't fully know what to expect.

37 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

Could they stay in house and go with Coach Seaton?

He has been made interim head coach while the search starts for a new head coach. I would assume it would be a possibility but I really hope they look at all possible candidates and get this hire right. Staying in house is not always the way to go imo and that's not a knock against any coach currently on staff. I believe there should and will be a lot of interest in this job. Some coach wil be inheriting a solid football program in Savannah.

On 12/28/2023 at 8:11 PM, Tigersandcats said:

He has been made interim head coach while the search starts for a new head coach. I would assume it would be a possibility but I really hope they look at all possible candidates and get this hire right. Staying in house is not always the way to go imo and that's not a knock against any coach currently on staff. I believe there should and will be a lot of interest in this job. Some coach wil be inheriting a solid football program in Savannah.

Seems the fans at least on the social medias you don't use are clamoring for a certain state championship coach. 

On 1/3/2024 at 3:15 PM, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Yes. Whether they get him or not idk. But heck I can't blame them for wanting Frostie

It could be a great job, with some "if's" clarified... talent will ebb and surge, but will mostly be pretty good even in the leaner years. They're surrounded with prospective athletes from Selmer and Adamsville, and could draw a few from Chester Co, Wayne Co, and even out of state IF a coach can manage to attract them. Hardin Co. needs to step up their game for coaches' salary... not terrible, but not enough to draw the "that guy" type of hire. IF HC can just be competitive in salary, the positives could land them their home run guy. Control. Red flag is the old coach retaining the AD position. Who has the final word on assistants, offense, defense, players, ect... IF the AD agrees that the new coach runs the program, maybe nothing but "letting go" isn't easy and if I were interviewing for the job it would have to be understood up front.

The great thing is that everything the Tigers need to do to really up their game depends only on them and how much it matters to them to get better. Ego's will have to be put aside and money will need to be spent, but not that much of either in the big picture. All that's left is to wait and see IF it matters.

4 hours ago, tradertwo said:

It could be a great job, with some "if's" clarified... talent will ebb and surge, but will mostly be pretty good even in the leaner years. They're surrounded with prospective athletes from Selmer and Adamsville, and could draw a few from Chester Co, Wayne Co, and even out of state IF a coach can manage to attract them. Hardin Co. needs to step up their game for coaches' salary... not terrible, but not enough to draw the "that guy" type of hire. IF HC can just be competitive in salary, the positives could land them their home run guy. Control. Red flag is the old coach retaining the AD position. Who has the final word on assistants, offense, defense, players, ect... IF the AD agrees that the new coach runs the program, maybe nothing but "letting go" isn't easy and if I were interviewing for the job it would have to be understood up front.

The great thing is that everything the Tigers need to do to really up their game depends only on them and how much it matters to them to get better. Ego's will have to be put aside and money will need to be spent, but not that much of either in the big picture. All that's left is to wait and see IF it matters.

Spot on as usual Trader. Agree 100% with this post. If control is not relinquished completely they'll not get the best coach they can get. I will also add that if I'm being totally honest I hope they don't stay In house here.