Hamilton @ Covington - Playoffs -Round 1

CHARGERFAN

Covington will host Hamilton this week to open the playoff season. Not knowing much about Hamilton, I have dug up their season schedule. Here is their record:

Overall record 6-4

Region record 5-2

Home 4-1

Away 2-3

Booker T Washington     W 32-18

@ South Gibson               L 42-22

@ Wooddale                      W 42-12

Sheffield                             L 44-38

Memphis East                    W 30-22

@ Bolton                              L 32-6

@ Melrose                            L 34-0

Raleigh-Egypt                      W 20-13

Douglas                                 W 36-0

Lakeland Prep                       W 32-6

So, they come into the playoffs having won three games in a row. I would be interested to see comments from people who have seen them play. What kind of offense do they run? Where is their best talent? Since they played South Gibson County, maybe Man of Millions has some comments. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Covington will host Hamilton this week to open the playoff season. Not knowing much about Hamilton, I have dug up their season schedule. Here is their record:

Overall record 6-4

Region record 5-2

Home 4-1

Away 2-3

Booker T Washington     W 32-18

@ South Gibson               L 42-22

@ Wooddale                      W 42-12

Sheffield                             L 44-38

Memphis East                    W 30-22

@ Bolton                              L 32-6

@ Melrose                            L 34-0

Raleigh-Egypt                      W 20-13

Douglas                                 W 36-0

Lakeland Prep                       W 32-6

So, they come into the playoffs having won three games in a row. I would be interested to see comments from people who have seen them play. What kind of offense do they run? Where is their best talent? Since they played South Gibson County, maybe Man of Millions has some comments. 

@ManOfMillions

Hey @CHARGERFAN!  You can try this link.  You don't have to sign in.  Just x out of the sign in box.  The SGC broadcast crew isn't as good as the crew they had a few years ago, but you can get some idea of what Hamilton looked like earlier in the season.  I don't think the Chargers will have any trouble putting the Wildcats away.

https://www.facebook.com/SGCFootball1/videos/633095818994967/

Edited by stacmot

Thanks @ManOfMillions and @stacmot for the replies. I skimmed through the video of Hamilton @ SGC. I also found a video of Sheffield vs. Hamilton highlights. 

It looked like Hamilton runs the spread from shotgun formation. Against SGC  their center snapped the ball on the ground a few times. They appear to be primarily a passing team, with some QB draws thrown in. They did have a couple of successful running plays. No. 1 (McKinney) scored on a 60 yd run against SGC.

The announcer billed the Sheffield game as a battle between Sheffield’s star ( Jackson, a Mr. Football candidate with P5 offers) and Hamilton’s McKinney. That game was won by Sheffield 44-38. McKinney had a KO return for a TD, among other highlights.

On defense, Hamilton had a good pass rush and pretty solid pass coverage by their DB’s. Their run defense did not impress me. 

I have a feeling that unless they have a run defense they didn’t show in those videos, Covington’s rushing attack will do pretty well in this game Friday night.

1 minute ago, ManOfMillions said:

@stacmot you are one fine gentleman. I am not exactly sure where you learned your civility from, but dang it you are on it. I think, I probably need to learn some of it from you! I appreciate you. 

@CHARGERFAN They may sweat you just little in the beginning of the contest but it will be all chargers, quickly. I promise. 

Sissy