Upper East tennessee girls basketball

THE KING

37 minutes ago, THE KING said:

We play sunbright Saturday night who is an uptempo team.  I wonder how Matt will approach this game as we play both styles of ball.  Last night we decided to play NG at their own game with 2 minute possessions but I think we play with more flow in transition and our freshman is more dangerous when we run.  

I’ve seen Midway play a couple times this year and all I can say is I’m REALLY impressed they beat Sunbright.

29 minutes ago, THE KING said:

We play sunbright Saturday night who is an uptempo team.  I wonder how Matt will approach this game as we play both styles of ball.  Last night we decided to play NG at their own game with 2 minute possessions but I think we play with more flow in transition and our freshman is more dangerous when we run.  

I had mentioned in an earlier post that I figured last nights score would be lower. I thought James might try to play Stall ball on us. But I didnt get to go to the game last night and from what I'm hearing it  was a Defensive battle. Obviously it was with a score of just a lil over 4 points per Qtr for NG. And thats after a slow start for them in first half. But we have held them to under 30 in 4 games in a row. Thats pretty good when they, NG, is averaging around 50-60. But if I was a betting man then id say Matt will run as fast as the Tigers  wanna run to Sat. night. Good, bad, right or wrong. Im super pumped about hosting a Substate game inside the nice friendly  confines of Sonny Smith. I was at the last one against Meigs in 13-14" Season. That was one the most electric atmospheres id ever been a part of. And I've been to all different types of NCAA Basketball, Football and NFL games.  Win or lose Sat night this group of Seniors has accomplished so much. Ive followed them all over the state watching them play from Elementary school up until now. They only have one blemish on this years schedule and Hampton beat us in the one game. Now not taking anything away from the lady dogs but they shot lights out that game and I think we shot like less than 20%. They outplayed us as a team that night all over the floor. So in saying that we almost had that undefeated season. But and a BIG but, I feel that loss lit a fire and the girls turned it up a notch. Everything happens for a reason. Im ready for Saturday!!!!

17 minutes ago, foreveranole said:

I had mentioned in an earlier post that I figured last nights score would be lower. I thought James might try to play Stall ball on us. But I didnt get to go to the game last night and from what I'm hearing it  was a Defensive battle. Obviously it was with a score of just a lil over 4 points per Qtr for NG. And thats after a slow start for them in first half. But we have held them to under 30 in 4 games in a row. Thats pretty good when they, NG, is averaging around 50-60. But if I was a betting man then id say Matt will run as fast as the Tigers  wanna run to Sat. night. Good, bad, right or wrong. Im super pumped about hosting a Substate game inside the nice friendly  confines of Sonny Smith. I was at the last one against Meigs in 13-14" Season. That was one the most electric atmospheres id ever been a part of. And I've been to all different types of NCAA Basketball, Football and NFL games.  Win or lose Sat night this group of Seniors has accomplished so much. Ive followed them all over the state watching them play from Elementary school up until now. They only have one blemish on this years schedule and Hampton beat us in the one game. Now not taking anything away from the lady dogs but they shot lights out that game and I think we shot like less than 20%. They outplayed us as a team that night all over the floor. So in saying that we almost had that undefeated season. But and a BIG but, I feel that loss lit a fire and the girls turned it up a notch. Everything happens for a reason. Im ready for Saturday!!!!

We were torched by Hannah Smith.  When my girls were in jr high, we played against her and Makenzie McClain in the area championship.  I said right then that when these girls get blended in with the older girls at their respective high schools, then we'll be treated to some great basketball.  I hope people don't think we're going away after this season.  We've got 3 underclassmen who made all conference and Abby Clawson stepped up big last night.  Miller couldn't do anything against her.  That was a preview to next year's matchup.  The terrors are going to be working hard during the off-season to add some moves to their tool bag.  I told everyone during the preseason that this year's team will benefit from the underclassmen.  We didn't have that scenario last year. 

8 minutes ago, thetruth10 said:

Is cocke county girls one of the best teams in east tn? They’re 15-1 after Christmas break with key wins over upperman, Northview. 

Cocke County?? Sure, I'd even go as far as to say they're the 3rd best team east of Knoxville (GP, Sevier County.)

But I think when these folks say "upper east TN" they're talking Greene County and eastwards.

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

In all honesty, I personally believe if Sunbright tries uptempo against Cloudland, AT Sonny Smith, they'll turn it over 20 times. They haven't seen the pressure they're going to see, they haven't played a schedule that challenges them at all. You don't run and gun against teams like Rockwood, Coalfield and Jellico all year and then magically have the skill to do it against one of the best defenses in the state. Cloudland wins by 15ish.

Edited by crazzyness

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

If Cloudland is a contender they win by 25+ and I believe they will. NG should win by 15+ region two is simply not very good this year.

Midway will struggle because they won't get any second chances on offense.  Miller will get every board and they will control every possession.  It'll be similar to what they did to Washburn as I think that team is similar skill wise to Region 2.

49 minutes ago, NotCrucial said:

Looks like they already have the brackets and as usual East TN has a rough first round

I just seen the pairings.  Total bs.  You've got us, Pickett, and Wayne County on one side of the bracket.  NG has a better chance to make the championship game than we do.  We would potentially have a first round square off with Emmy Lowe,  Callie Reeder,  and Zoe Nicholas arguably the best trio of players in 1a.  If we win that one,  we get another date against miss basketball Blair baugus.