Upper East tennessee girls basketball

THE KING

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

We're going to try our best pal.  We sure drew a tough one 

First off congrats to the lady Landers for qualifying for another state tournament appearance. If I'm not mistaken this is pretty much the same Pickett County team that Hampton played last year in the quarters which Hampton defeated 78 to 64 but I believe Pickett was mostly juniors then. I thought last year after that game that Pickett County would be back and be one of the favorites due to the experience gained playing in the glass house.

King, just remember they have to lace their shoes up just like you all. As long as the lady Landers give 100% hustle every second on the floor, value the basketball with limited turnovers, and stay out of foul trouble, that is all one could ask and regardless of the outcome you'll leave the floor as winners. Good luck pal! :thumb:

18 minutes ago, dogtruth said:

First off congrats to the lady Landers for qualifying for another state tournament appearance. If I'm not mistaken this is pretty much the same Pickett County team that Hampton played last year in the quarters which Hampton defeated 78 to 64 but I believe Pickett was mostly juniors then. I thought last year after that game that Pickett County would be back and be one of the favorites due to the experience gained playing in the glass house.

King, just remember they have to lace their shoes up just like you all. As long as the lady Landers give 100% hustle every second on the floor, value the basketball with limited turnovers, and stay out of foul trouble, that is all one could ask and regardless of the outcome you'll leave the floor as winners. Good luck pal! :thumb:

Appreciate it pal.  

On 3/3/2024 at 6:37 AM, THE KING said:

Congratulations tribe.  Maybe we can meet up this week.  I'm planning on staying 2 days even if we lose 

Sadly, I won't be able to come unless we make it to Saturday.  Wife and I both have to work... I have vacation days left, but she doesn't and I won't come without her.  Hate missing possibly these seniors last game though... it's killing me.

1 hour ago, Tackleberry said:

Well guess regular season didn't mean a thing.

No. What you post don't mean shat.  Every game means something when you're a hs kid.  They wouldn't play them all if they didn't mean something.  You could applaud these seniors for overcoming injuries so they get to play their senior season but you choose to be an #### hole

It was an incredible season for the lady landers.  Congratulations to Pickett.  I think them and Wayne County will be a heck of a game Friday.  We've got a lot of work to do between now and November.  Replacing 3 senior starters is never easy but our chances of getting back here are still good.  Especially with the passion of next year's junior class.  It's terror time!

No. What you post don't mean shat.  Every game means something when you're a hs kid.  They wouldn't play them all if they didn't mean something.  You could applaud these seniors for overcoming injuries so they get to play their senior season but you choose to be an #### hole

King want to apologize, in the heat of the moment I was upset. Congrats to all the girls on a good season. 

It was an incredible season for the lady landers.  Congratulations to Pickett.  I think them and Wayne County will be a heck of a game Friday.  We've got a lot of work to do between now and November.  Replacing 3 senior starters is never easy but our chances of getting back here are still good.  Especially with the passion of next year's junior class.  It's terror time!

It’s always a good season if you make it to state, It should like you well have some good players coming back, I think you guys need to get out of upper east TN a play some better competition, play some tough holiday tournaments. It doesn’t matter if you go 10-10 in the regular season it will make them better come tournament time. Good luck to your girls next season.

13 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

It’s always a good season if you make it to state, It should like you well have some good players coming back, I think you guys need to get out of upper east TN a play some better competition, play some tough holiday tournaments. It doesn’t matter if you go 10-10 in the regular season it will make them better come tournament time. Good luck to your girls next season.

I think this season was set up to protect our injured girls.  Trust me, I'm vocal about a tough non district schedule.  I'd love to play Elizabethton twice and mountain heritage nc.  It'll be a different lady highlander team next year. 

Cloudland usually plays a tougher schedule than they did this year i thought they would go undefeated until state tournament. part or that is that the 1a district is so weak in east Tn anymore and will be even worse next year. This year the non conference schedule was soft as Charmine we were playing teams that we got absolutely nothing out of the game.I think next years team will win alot of games but will suffer same fate final 8 seems to be our ceiling

8 hours ago, THE KING said:

I think this season was set up to protect our injured girls.  Trust me, I'm vocal about a tough non district schedule.  I'd love to play Elizabethton twice and mountain heritage nc.  It'll be a different lady highlander team next year. 

I can't see the last posters comment but was told about believing next years district will be weaker lol.  If Michelle shields transfers to unaka, then that changes everything.  Coach bud and Lunsford have gotten uh playing much better. They will be a lot better.  NG loses Bailey but will return Miller and 4 guards.  We lost more than anyone.  I'd say district 1 will be much tighter next season.