West TN Rural Top 10 Playoff Edition RD 1

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

2 hours ago, RexKwonDo said:

Good list BPM. One would think Haywood could beat all on the list except  Henry County, Hardin Co. and Dyersburg, but I haven't followed  Haywood this year so that is an assumption. So with leaving Haywood out 7-10 and the outside looking ins are all real close to one another. So going by records I don't see an argument on this list except for Haywood and I may be way off for even mentioning Haywood.

12 hours ago, 1983 said:

I would have Huntingdon 3 and Riverside 4 and Hardin Co. 5.  For Hardin County to struggle with a struggling Lexington team makes me question how good they are.  Dresden would be 6th.

Let me tell you guys my thinking with Haywood. Over the last few years Haywood has struggled the most (if you can call it a struggle) with physical teams that run right at you. That’s why they had a close game with Obion this year and Crockett. They lost to South Gibson a time or two when Stidham was coach and they ran that option based offense.  They have flexed their muscle on teams that have tried to spread them out and out athlete them (ex. Dyer Co. last week). So looking at the teams ahead of them, Hardin Co has proven they can beat Haywood already this year. I think Dyersburg and Henry Co could as well. Teams like the Stanks and Riverside are better at pounding the rock then Obion and Crockett and play better defense so I think they could take Haywood. But that’s just my two cents and why I have Haywood where they are. 

14 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Let me tell you guys my thinking with Haywood. Over the last few years Haywood has struggled the most (if you can call it a struggle) with physical teams that run right at you. That’s why they had a close game with Obion this year and Crockett. They lost to South Gibson a time or two when Stidham was coach and they ran that option based offense.  They have flexed their muscle on teams that have tried to spread them out and out athlete them (ex. Dyer Co. last week). So looking at the teams ahead of them, Hardin Co has proven they can beat Haywood already this year. I think Dyersburg and Henry Co could as well. Teams like the Stanks and Riverside are better at pounding the rock then Obion and Crockett and play better defense so I think they could take Haywood. But that’s just my two cents and why I have Haywood where they are. 

Not going to lie, you speak a lot of truth. I will agree with about 80% of this. I watched the Dyer Co. game (on TV) and the Tomcat D appeared solid with the run game. Now i do not have stats so correct me if i'm wrong.

They are definitely improving every week. I'm not saying that Haywood could beat the other teams but it would be a lot harder than earlier in the season. 

Again, i fully respect your opinion. Just making conversation. (plus i am a little biased) 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Dp81 said:

Not going to lie, you speak a lot of truth. I will agree with about 80% of this. I watched the Dyer Co. game (on TV) and the Tomcat D appeared solid with the run game. Now i do not have stats so correct me if i'm wrong.

They are definitely improving every week. I'm not saying that Haywood could beat the other teams but it would be a lot harder than earlier in the season. 

Again, i fully respect your opinion. Just making conversation. (plus i am a little biased) 

I enjoy the conversation. I think Haywood would give anyone on this list a good game now. They have definitely made great strides since the beginning of the year. 

55 minutes ago, Riverside80 said:

Hardin county’s win was kind of wild too. The refs called an obvious interception an incomplete pass that would’ve won Lexington the game. At least from film that was put on Facebook it was on obvious interception but from a referees point of view I have no idea.

Lexington has a knack for giving good teams a game. Example Haywood last year. 

7 hours ago, Dp81 said:

Haywood’s improved each week, and are getting hot at the right time. Dyer has been running wild with their two headed monster in the backfield and Haywood kept them in check. Their run defense has vastly improved since playing Hardin. Outside of the long run hard had, their run game was non existent 

• Like 1