Tennessee @ Powell

WestHigh4Life

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Over at halftime?

Yes.         It's no secret that the way to defeat TH is to load the box and stop the run, they are not equipped to beat you via the air.     But if Powell Mickey-Mouse's around with too much receiver coverage then TH will grind it out on the ground....  grind & ground, ground & grind.

Powell 38         Tennessee High 7

4 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Yes.         It's no secret that the way to defeat TH is to load the box and stop the run, they are not equipped to beat you via the air.     But if Powell Mickey-Mouse's around with too much receiver coverage then TH will grind it out on the ground....  grind & ground, ground & grind.

Powell 38         Tennessee High 7

TH are grinders and I don’t understand why they put all their marbles in that one bag. At best their Oline is just decent.

6 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

TH are grinders and I don’t understand why they put all their marbles in that one bag. At best their Oline is just decent.

When TH beat Boone last week I never could figure out why our linebackers played  so far back off the LOS.     We would still have lost because they are a better team but we should have sold out to stop the run and made them beat us through the air.           I sincerely doubt that Powell will make the same mistake because if they do then TH will keep hanging around.    Their O-Line makes decent blocks and they have several in the backfield who are not great but they are hard runners and don't quit until the whistle blows.              I look for Powell to score early and often and then TH will end up playing catch-up which does not suit their style of offense at all.