State of Tri-cities 5A/6A football

blazer1set

1 hour ago, blitzinbuc said:

It's not crying, it's others and me laughing at the DB folks' (including yours) comments over the years.
My statement about DB's "mythical championships" has obviously triggered you. I'm sorry that your Indians haven't even appeared in a state championship game since the playoff format began in 1969. That's 54 long years they've had a chance to prove themselves.  But, hey, you can always say you were Big East Champions!  :roflol:

As far as DB's football players, when I was at ETSU I used to meet up with some girls that were "supposed" to be going with them. :thumb:

One minor, but important note - it's idea, not ideal. 

Admitting to yourself that you're just butt-hurt would be good therapy for you.  I hope you seek help asap.  

A lot of other teams have Voted in Championships. High School level and College level. But you're only obsessed with DB. Yeah, you're crying. I can still walk into the lobby at DB and see those State Championship Trophies. They're there. And there's nothing you can do about it. I bet that just sets you on fire. A lot of good teams and good schools have never won a football championship, voted or playoff. People were saying DB would never win a state championship in basketball then 2022 happened. Never say never. 

You caught a mispelled word in my post. Pretty good for a guy that went to ETSU. 

8 minutes ago, bucfootballnow said:

The week of fall break DB football did not practice mon-thurs. They did practice that Friday evening and again sat morning. Throughout the season practice mon-wed then walk through thurs morning off that evening then game day Friday. Film Sunday I hesitate to say optional but most not present. 

Please reference the 6a teams still in playoffs along with the 2 4a teams on their schedule,, I think you will find not the same commitment. 

DB players are not as recruitable as players from Knox area due to the fact they

- lose substantial weight and strength during season

- lose desire to continue to play due to poor leadership

- lose period

- start with lesser skill set

Everyone should want to play in that magnificent stadium with that outstanding band. Absolutely best in the area. Good players gravitate to the better programs.. reference GV, Eliz, Alcoa, Maryville, Bearden.. check rosters with kids outside the zone.

DB will remain mediocre as long as staff, approach, and mindset remain mediocre. Kids are the ones that suffer the most from Christian's  pathetic performance as a coach, leader, mentor, motivator, and representative of Dobyns Bennett. He is an insult to what DB stands for.. time for change.

You are 100% correct. 

16 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

No, not for visitors.
Yes, if you like playing on a half baseball/half football field.
Their home side stadium is very impressive.

And most important, they have a pretty good band. 

No stadium is built to cater to the visitors. It's not called a home field advantage without reason. 

DBs stadium is the best I have been to in Tennessee,  and I have worked and attended games in a huge number of them.   

There are a lot of great venues, but none better than DB. 

Edited by HTV

13 hours ago, blazer1set said:

That's pretty interesting about how Florida is doing classifications, wonder if something similar would work in Tennessee?       Almost like you could have an M-class (Metro) and the R-class (Rural) separate championships, much like the privates have their own playoffs now.           Then it would come down to semantics about the schools on the border between M & R.       I honestly cannot see the TSSAA ever making that drastic of a change so most likely nothing changes in TN unless they hear that FL has 8 classes, they might do that so more schools get the participation trophy.

Florida had 8 classes before, mainly because they have 22 schools over 3K enrollment, several schools over 4K, and a bunch more right at 3K. They went to the Metro & Suburb classes because the Metro schools were dominating in all the classes. They also have no separation of privates and public, which makes things even tougher for the public schools. Could it be done in TN? I honestly don't know. The only truly large metro areas in TN are Memfuss, Nashville and Knoxville with a combined population of around 4 million. In contrast, the Miami metro area has around 10 million alone, and combined with the Tampa Bay, Orlando and Jacksonville metro areas, it's around 17+ million people. I'm not sure in TN how many schools you'd wind up with in  each class if you did that, especially since the public and private are separate. 

14 hours ago, bucfootballnow said:

The week of fall break DB football did not practice mon-thurs. They did practice that Friday evening and again sat morning. Throughout the season practice mon-wed then walk through thurs morning off that evening then game day Friday. Film Sunday I hesitate to say optional but most not present. 

Please reference the 6a teams still in playoffs along with the 2 4a teams on their schedule,, I think you will find not the same commitment. 

DB players are not as recruitable as players from Knox area due to the fact they

- lose substantial weight and strength during season

- lose desire to continue to play due to poor leadership

- lose period

- start with lesser skill set

Everyone should want to play in that magnificent stadium with that outstanding band. Absolutely best in the area. Good players gravitate to the better programs.. reference GV, Eliz, Alcoa, Maryville, Bearden.. check rosters with kids outside the zone.

DB will remain mediocre as long as staff, approach, and mindset remain mediocre. Kids are the ones that suffer the most from Christian's  pathetic performance as a coach, leader, mentor, motivator, and representative of Dobyns Bennett. He is an insult to what DB stands for.. time for change.

You sound very disgruntled. Should change the name of this thread to "The State of Dobyns Bennett Football" with all the recent posts by angry DB fans and haters LOL.

20 minutes ago, ViperRight382 said:

You sound very disgruntled. Should change the name of this thread to "The State of Dobyns Bennett Football" with all the recent posts by angry DB fans and haters LOL.

Not sure which team you support, but you have to understand that the Tri-cities fans are just as passionate about our teams as are fans from the other parts of the state...   And that leads to so much pent-up frustration amongst Tri-cities fans because we see other non-Tri schools who are very serious about football and building a championship program.     And we Tri fans all know deep down that it is NEVER going to happen here.      So yeah I suppose all of us sometimes take out our angst online here from time to time.                I no longer care about the playoffs for my team, instead just try to enjoy the regular season, win more games than we lose, beat Crockett each year, try to win R1 5A, stuff like that.

On 11/4/2023 at 7:56 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

Somebody posted on another thread the other day that DB only practices 3 days a week. And during the fall break (1 week) didn't practice at all. I haven't been to a practice in over 10 years, so I don't know. Is this the norm. Is there a TSSAA rule that says you can't practice during fall break or can only practice 3 days a week? Or is our coaching staff this lazy? 

I can only speak up to 5 years ago. D-B practiced 4 days a week and played on Fridays. On Sundays players came in to watch film of the previous game. Not all 4 practices were in full pads. Not sure if that’s allowed by the TSSAA. Fall break did not alter practice schedules.

On 11/9/2023 at 3:37 PM, Indian said:

Some of the schools in urban counties were listed as rural in a sample sent out to consider. It was a mess. Seemed almost to be intentionally misleading to squash the idea. They used each school’s population per square mile instead of how adjacent they were to more possible students. 

I agree the survey was done to squash so that we could just keep doing what we are doing.

On 11/9/2023 at 4:19 PM, blitzinbuc said:

It's not crying, it's others and me laughing at the DB folks' (including yours) comments over the years.
My statement about DB's "mythical championships" has obviously triggered you. I'm sorry that your Indians haven't even appeared in a state championship game since the playoff format began in 1969. That's 54 long years they've had a chance to prove themselves.  But, hey, you can always say you were Big East Champions!  :roflol:

As far as DB's football players, when I was at ETSU I used to meet up with some girls that were "supposed" to be going with them. :thumb:

One minor, but important note - it's idea, not ideal. 

Admitting to yourself that you're just butt-hurt would be good therapy for you.  I hope you seek help asap.  

On 11/9/2023 at 5:47 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

A lot of other teams have Voted in Championships. High School level and College level. But you're only obsessed with DB. Yeah, you're crying. I can still walk into the lobby at DB and see those State Championship Trophies. They're there. And there's nothing you can do about it. I bet that just sets you on fire. A lot of good teams and good schools have never won a football championship, voted or playoff. People were saying DB would never win a state championship in basketball then 2022 happened. Never say never. 

You caught a mispelled word in my post. Pretty good for a guy that went to ETSU. 

You can sense the narcissism in that guy’s posts.