Beardan at JC

1OldPatriot

24 minutes ago, ClaboCrazy1961 said:

How are the kids out of middle school transferring to Bearden for high school cheating?  How is that different than the kids at Fulton that were zoned AE or the kids at Bradley that transferred in or the ones at Alcoa that used to go to Carter or any other transfers?  Would be great to hear proof of this cheating at Bearden and how Jones is a "renegade cheat".  I know that kids move and transfer all the time to many schools.  You sound like a disgruntled former staff member of the Bulldog football team.  Did that WB receiver "move" to Farragut last year?  Idk for sure and I wouldn't call Courtney a cheater because a kid wants to come play for his program.  And I hate Bearden, but have heard of no proof behind all of the CoachT Trolls on here bashing he and the program.  If kids get a transfer approved out of middle school for their 9th grade year or a kid moves to play for a different program, then that is allowed.  Always has been.

I don't think the issue is when an 8th grader changes schools for 9th grade. That used to be the way programs recruit in the Knox area and probably all schools in the state. The issue some people have is that Bearden allows transfers more than other schools in the same school district or other areas. 

At the end of the day everyone wants to get players in and tries to get them. Some are just better than others. I'd be willing to bet that most of these coaches wouldn't cut their teeth in the little league for 10 years to build these relationships like he has. 

23 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

Actually, it’s pretty easy to have discipline in a program when this current senior class has lost a lot of their teammates that they’ve been playing with since middle school, all because other schools reach into the big cookie jar of Bearden High School and grab them whoever they want. It is a shame for the senior class. They lost many of their teammates, but that was just expected. If you’re good at football and grew up in the Bearden area, you would be snagged up by Alcoa, Maryville, Catholic, and West, but Coach Jones is putting a stop to it, making sure these kids that have been playing with each other since middle school and Little League Stay that way, Bearden High School is no longer a cookie jar, truly amazing, and oh boy, does that make other people mad, very mad, and you can only sit back and laugh.

I agree with most of what you're saying, except I don't think he made sure that the current players on his team stayed together while they were in little league ball because he was at another school. Now is he trying to keep the current teams in little league together sure. What coach wouldn't? 

All these haters on the recruiting issues would do the exact same thing and not bat an eye. They are just mad because they can't.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I don't think the issue is when an 8th grader changes schools for 9th grade. That used to be the way programs recruit in the Knox area and probably all schools in the state. The issue some people have is that Bearden allows transfers more than other schools in the same school district or other areas. 

At the end of the day everyone wants to get players in and tries to get them. Some are just better than others. I'd be willing to bet that most of these coaches wouldn't cut their teeth in the little league for 10 years to build these relationships like he has. 

Allows more transfers or has more kids wanting to transfer there?  Maryville used to allow lots of transfers because kids wanted to go there, but now the admin is shutting that door and you can see this is the worst team there in 25 years.  You can't blame kids for wanting to go play for a program or a coach that they like.   Happens everywhere.  Seems like people are scared of Bearden being good at football because they have always been mediocre

5 minutes ago, ClaboCrazy1961 said:

Allows more transfers or has more kids wanting to transfer there?  Maryville used to allow lots of transfers because kids wanted to go there, but now the admin is shutting that door and you can see this is the worst team there in 25 years.  You can't blame kids for wanting to go play for a program or a coach that they like.   Happens everywhere.  Seems like people are scared of Bearden being good at football because they have always been mediocre

Yea not always but a lot of the times when good athletes get approved for transfers, when they know they shouldn't be approved, they cause problems in the classroom. Eventually the faculty that hates sports, and in particular football, complain enough the admin will have appease the staff members. Other than Teachers that are coaches as well most teachers do not like sports in general. For the most part teachers were not involved with athletics when they were in school and don't want to teach kids that are problematic in the classroom. That is why there is a lack of teachers in the state and other states, on top of the lack of pay they receive. Certified teachers will always have a precedence over athletes and football championships or at least the hope of them.

This will last for a little bit at Bearden, but eventually the rest of the staff will turn on him and he and his players will go elsewhere. My guess is a private school is in his near future. With him not being employed as an in building staff member it may be sooner than later.

17 minutes ago, ClaboCrazy1961 said:

I wouldn't say the admin is shutting that door but the overall population growth in Maryville has shut that door.  Maryville is at capacity (Can't take tuition students now) and houses just the Sophomore-Senior Class at the High School.  Maryville is buying up property around the school to hopefully change that. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I agree with most of what you're saying, except I don't think he made sure that the current players on his team stayed together while they were in little league ball because he was at another school. Now is he trying to keep the current teams in little league together sure. What coach wouldn't? 

All these haters on the recruiting issues would do the exact same thing and not bat an eye. They are just mad because they can't.

43 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Holy moly, an intelligent person on Coach T someone check my pulse.

(idk why that popped up twice)

Edited by Dawgz4life

Saw two druggies fighting over a catalytic converter in the alley last night. Tried to intervene but got nose broken in process. Decided to check boards to calm my mind. Only saw debauchery and lies. People squatting in glass houses throwing cannonballs. Clean schools being ruined. Need to take break for a while. Crazy guy sits in other teams dugout. Must remember to investigate further. Soon people will see the how Icarus flew too close to the sun. Never surrender. 

Rorschach’s Journal November 8th, 2023

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

The issue some people have is that Bearden allows transfers more than other schools in the same school district or other areas. 

Neither Bearden, nor any other Knox County school, "allows transfers".  

The Knox County Schools System approves or denies transfers, and there are many transfers who don't play sports approved, as well.