Clinton at OR Round 2

CU06

2 hours ago, DragonMaverick said:

Somehow I feel like Clinton is gonna steal one tonight.. Not that Clinton is the better team, but Oak Ridge always finds a way to lose in the playoffs.

To be fair, you can say the exact same thing about about every other team the past 30 years, besides Maryville, Alcoa, and Oakland as of late, and a few other select teams. At the end of the day only one team wins it all. What round you lose in doesn’t really matter when it’s all said and done. With that said, I’d rather have to walk in he&@ over broken glass than to lose to Clinton at home in the playoffs. I might puke it if happens.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

To be fair, you can say the exact same thing about about every other team the past 30 years, besides Maryville, Alcoa, and Oakland as of late, and a few other select teams. At the end of the day only one team wins it all. What round you lose in doesn’t really matter when it’s all said and done. With that said, I’d rather have to walk in he&@ over broken glass than to lose to Clinton at home in the playoffs. I might puke it if happens.

That would be heartbreaking. I don't see it happening but I do think OR knows what to expect from Clinton so this might be a runaway win for OR. If Clinton does win the head coach he is probably guaranteed a contract. And he would deserve it. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Just have to wait and see i guess. Clinton is better than they were earlier in the season, specifically on Defense. After coach Keith let go of the reigns defense has been much better. Would be a Major loss for Oak Ridge. This has been a one sided rivalry for the most part, but it means the world to the older fans of both teams. The story and tradition. Been a lot of fascinating games between the two schools over the years. 

1 hour ago, DragonMaverick said:

Just have to wait and see i guess. Clinton is better than they were earlier in the season, specifically on Defense. After coach Keith let go of the reigns defense has been much better. Would be a Major loss for Oak Ridge. This has been a one sided rivalry for the most part, but it means the world to the older fans of both teams. The story and tradition. Been a lot of fascinating games between the two schools over the years. 

Should be a good game. May the best team win.

Edited by SweetScience

4 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

That would be heartbreaking. I don't see it happening but I do think OR knows what to expect from Clinton so this might be a runaway win for OR. If Clinton does win the head coach he is probably guaranteed a contract. And he would deserve it. 

My worry is not Clinton but Oak Ridge.For some reason people think we are a lot better than we are.We have some great moments but have some real weaknesses.Lets just hope Dozier can pull it out.Turnovers will be the difference tonight.Go Cats