Greenback at OZ!!

GFD709SHREK

29 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Wait, wait, wait. What in the world is going on here? What happened to all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth? Where are the pitchforks and torches? Now it sounds like you all are shouting "WERE BACK!"

Lol, I'm just kidding. Congrats on the turn around that it seems had happened from the beginning until now. Good luck Friday.

We've never said anything about the boys just the people that hired the stupid guy for head coach.

2 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Wait, wait, wait. What in the world is going on here? What happened to all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth? Where are the pitchforks and torches? Now it sounds like you all are shouting "WERE BACK!"

Lol, I'm just kidding. Congrats on the turn around that it seems had happened from the beginning until now. Good luck Friday.

It's either this or go insane!definition of insane doing the same thing over and over, but getting the same result. It's where we're at right now, LOL.

3 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

It’s truly sad the way people think they can do the man‘s job better than he can and call him stupid and an idiot. I feel bad for the guy. I know I know.. y’all will say.. I don’t understand.. and maybe I don’t.. but he went and beat the #1 seed last Friday. 

We're hardly a contender there Pirate :roflolk:

5 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

It’s truly sad the way people think they can do the man‘s job better than he can and call him stupid and an idiot. I feel bad for the guy. I know I know.. y’all will say.. I don’t understand.. and maybe I don’t.. but he went and beat the #1 seed last Friday. 

Yep!You have no clue.Just leave it at that.lol

Cloudland was missing alot!We played most of the year without alot of starters.Slowly got them back past couple weeks. 

On 11/6/2023 at 10:35 PM, Pirate2003 said:

Well 03 there are really only 2 posters on our threads that speak their mind and that is Gfd and myself.I ALWAYS give credit were credit is DUE.I also call a spade a spade and this was a political hire for the City of Loudon not Greenback and that is what is sad!I respect you as a poster and always have and will but this goes a whole lot deeper than what is typed on a message board.I will give him credit this week because after the Cloudland he spoke in a interview with the Daily Times and finally admitted that HE put in in a terrible spot more than once the first time at OS instead of putting on the players.So my hat is off for that interview BUT does not change my view of what was done to our program the last 3 years.I still believe in our Greenback Cherokees in my opinion some of the best football players and athletes in 1A ball most years!Let's roll Cherokees!

Good luck to you and all the Pirates hope you NEVER have to deal with a mess like this.

On 11/6/2023 at 10:35 PM, Pirate2003 said:

8 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Well 03 there are really only 2 posters on our threads that speak their mind and that is Gfd and myself.I ALWAYS give credit were credit is DUE.I also call a spade a spade and this was a political hire for the City of Loudon not Greenback and that is what is sad!I respect you as a poster and always have and will but this goes a whole lot deeper than what is typed on a message board.I will give him credit this week because after the Cloudland he spoke in a interview with the Daily Times and finally admitted that HE put in in a terrible spot more than once the first time at OS instead of putting on the players.So my hat is off for that interview BUT does not change my view of what was done to our program the last 3 years.I still believe in our Greenback Cherokees in my opinion some of the best football players and athletes in 1A ball most years!Let's roll Cherokees!

Good luck to you and all the Pirates hope you NEVER have to deal with a mess like this.

I have been asked why I keep downing the team? If that's the way people see I am sorry! i have nothing against this team its the people that hired the coach and the way he was hired. These boys have worked their butts off and the coach keeps putting them in situations they cant win. I hate it for the boys!!!! This team has some very good athletes and I hate to see the situation they have been put in. This was a political hire from the top down.  

32 minutes ago, GFD709SHREK said:

I have been asked why I keep downing the team? If that's the way people see I am sorry! i have nothing against this team its the people that hired the coach and the way he was hired. These boys have worked their butts off and the coach keeps putting them in situations they cant win. I hate it for the boys!!!! This team has some very good athletes and I hate to see the situation they have been put in. This was a political hire from the top down.  

GFD, I don't think you or OnB are downing the team at all. I get the frustration. To a certain degree, you aren't even downing the coach really, but the situation ... or the reason for the situation, I guess I should say. When something like this happens at a school without tradition, then no one really notices. But when it happens to a place like Greenback, if it happened to us, then there would be a lot of frustration. Can you imagine Alcoa or Oakland going through what you all are going through?

4 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

GFD, I don't think you or OnB are downing the team at all. I get the frustration. To a certain degree, you aren't even downing the coach really, but the situation ... or the reason for the situation, I guess I should say. When something like this happens at a school without tradition, then no one really notices. But when it happens to a place like Greenback, if it happened to us, then there would be a lot of frustration. Can you imagine Alcoa or Oakland going through what you all are going through?

Bingo!

5 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Well put!!!!