R2: Fayetteville @ SC

SCHSAllHail

23 minutes ago, SCHSAllHail said:

One down. Owls defense looked as good as they have all year against Forrest last night. Fayetteville pulled away in the 2nd half against Monterey. What do we think?

City is going to have to sustain drives to keep their defense off the field to have a chance. Smith is big, Physical and can wear you down over 4 quarters. Last nights game had 21 or 22 drives, that will need to be closer to 13 if the tigers want to have a chance 

2 hours ago, SCHSAllHail said:

One down. Owls defense looked as good as they have all year against Forrest last night. Fayetteville pulled away in the 2nd half against Monterey. What do we think?

fayetteville will show up and come out hitting. their defense has been pretty good this year and the offense has started to come along this year

2 hours ago, Snowballschance said:

City is going to have to sustain drives to keep their defense off the field to have a chance. Smith is big, Physical and can wear you down over 4 quarters. Last nights game had 21 or 22 drives, that will need to be closer to 13 if the tigers want to have a chance 

city’s defense hung in there with upperman which is a really physical team. our offense had under 100 yards tho. the outcome of this game will depend on which offense shows up for us

I was very impressed by Smith County. Martin throws a great long ball, they have speedy receivers and their ground game is very solid. Line is big and physical. Defense is stifling. Fayetteville has athletes but Forrest scored at will against them. I think Willoughby has to be exceptional for Fayetteville to win.Hughes is really good but I don’t see him doing the kind of damage on the ground against Smith as he did against Forrest. Just don’t think Fayetteville can hold up defensively. At first guess I’d say Smith by at least two scores.