D2-A 2nd Round

CougarDadx2

Here we go! Round #2, some great games this week!

JC at CA: Even with loss of their leading scorer, JC will come to play, but the CA ground pounding may be too much. I'll take CA in this one

FACS at MTCS: FACS is pretty balanced with a stable of running backs behind the senior, and almost 1,000 in the air. The MTCS D line will be the difference maker here, and Wilson is healthy at RB. Oh, and I am a homer, so yea, MTCS wins.

NC at Trinity: This one is going to be a great game. Like last week it depends on which NC team shows up (the real one showed up in the Boro). Trinity is a disciplined, balanced, machine. This is my upset pick - NC. (sorry Reitz, something here makes me nervous for you guys)

DCA at FC: Same results as earlier in the season. If DCA can hold Wolcott to < 150 yds. they might have a chance. But naw, that aint happening. I got FC in this one.

I will be interested in seeing the running game CA has against the defense of JC. They have been a tough group all year holding most of their opponents to lower yards and scoring than what they regularly produce. They are quick to the ball and have some kids that really get after it.

The TCA score, giving up 24 in the second half, was a bi-product of losing Mosley and losing 2 fumbles on back to back series, giving TCA the ball on their side of the field and an accidental onside kick that TCA recovered. TCA's RB is a load though and had around 170 yards on 52 carries. I don't think he had a run over 7-8 yards with an average of a little over 3 yards per carry. Maybe CA replicates that scheme, maybe they can't. My guess is that with a few weeks of prep and a game under their belt without Mosely, the offense will be better prepared. 

What's CA defense like? Do they have anyone on the outside that can make the passing game a threat? Any size up front?

I will throw my picks in...

JC @ CA

JC continues to adjust to life without Mosley and DeMoss continues to improve in his new WR role. The Eagles defense locks in for a close win over CA in a battle of the CoC brotherhood.

FACS @ MTCS

I was at the JC/FACS game and my takeaway is that FACS has some guys but are undisciplined and wont be able to contain the offense of MTCS.

NC @ Trinity

The Trinity score over JC was deceiving and NC played some tough competition, making their record look worse than they are. I think NC has a good chance of going to Jackson and pulling out the win.

DCA @ FCS

FCS is too much for DCA and put up a similar score from their matchup earlier this year. 

1 hour ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Here we go! Round #2, some great games this week!

JC at CA: Even with loss of their leading scorer, JC will come to play, but the CA ground pounding may be too much. I'll take CA in this one

FACS at MTCS: FACS is pretty balanced with a stable of running backs behind the senior, and almost 1,000 in the air. The MTCS D line will be the difference maker here, and Wilson is healthy at RB. Oh, and I am a homer, so yea, MTCS wins.

NC at Trinity: This one is going to be a great game. Like last week it depends on which NC team shows up (the real one showed up in the Boro). Trinity is a disciplined, balanced, machine. This is my upset pick - NC. (sorry Reitz, something here makes me nervous for you guys)

DCA at FC: Same results as earlier in the season. If DCA can hold Wolcott to < 150 yds. they might have a chance. But naw, that aint happening. I got FC in this one.

Interesting takes.

NC vs Trinity - If NC is healthy this will be one to watch. 

FACS vs MTCS - FACS has an explosive offense and MTCS will have to keep the ball away from them with their ball control style.

JC vs CA - JC is missing a Mr Football contender and CA isn’t.

DCA vs FC - First game of the season DCA is 100% healthy. FC has a Mr Football contender. 

2 hours ago, WestTNBuc said:

I will throw my picks in...

JC @ CA

JC continues to adjust to life without Mosley and DeMoss continues to improve in his new WR role. The Eagles defense locks in for a close win over CA in a battle of the CoC brotherhood.

FACS @ MTCS

I was at the JC/FACS game and my takeaway is that FACS has some guys but are undisciplined and wont be able to contain the offense of MTCS.

NC @ Trinity

The Trinity score over JC was deceiving and NC played some tough competition, making their record look worse than they are. I think NC has a good chance of going to Jackson and pulling out the win.

DCA @ FCS

FCS is too much for DCA and put up a similar score from their matchup earlier this year. 

Such a homer!  What’s deceiving about 27 points?   TCA is averaging quite a few more than that.  It will be a great game with NC’s QB being a huge factor.  Going to be hard to out coach a multiple state champion coach like Bowling.  JC tried it by basically putting 7 in the secondary to take away TCA’s strong passing game and Bowling pounded it 4 yards at a time!  JC tried that in 2014 when Akin was leading the air raid but that didn’t go to well either for JC  with Goldsmith and Bond running the ball for TCA.

• Upvote 1

JCS at COLA

JCS struggled on Friday in the first round before pulling away late. COLA is going to be too much for JCS. COLA by at least 18.

FACS at MTCS

FACS has lots of speed with the rb 1, 24, and wr I think 13. Team discipline will be the key in this game. MTCS has more. MTCS by 16.

DCA at FCS

Should be a hard fought contest. Until someone defeats them, FCS is still the defending champ. 

NCS at TCA

NCS qb has great size, quick feet and a cannon for an arm. He sees the field well.  PCA challenged them early and did expose what I think are some vulnerabilities. NCS rb is very adept at using his OL. Solid kicking game, with strong KO leg. TCA line play dominated both sides of the ball against JCS in week 11 and will provide much more of a challenge thn PCA OL/DL did. TCA RB is a beast who can chew you up 4 yards a carry or he can power you for yards in chunks. Solid qb with quality recievers.  

Lots  of other factors will be involved and this week should be interesting. Due to my position, I will adopt a policy of other broadcast comrads and I won't pick a score or winner except to say that TCA welcomes the challenge that NCS will provide. Should be a great game and atmosphere.

I highly recommend the BBQ Nachos. They simply rule.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Intense said:

Such a homer!  What’s deceiving about 27 points?   TCA is averaging quite a few more than that.  It will be a great game with NC’s QB being a huge factor.  Going to be hard to out coach a multiple state champion coach like Bowling.  JC tried it by basically putting 7 in the secondary to take away TCA’s strong passing game and Bowling pounded it 4 yards at a time!  JC tried that in 2014 when Akin was leading the air raid but that didn’t go to well either for JC  with Goldsmith and Bond running the ball for TCA.

The pot calling the kettle black, “Homer”. No one cares about games from years back and I said nothing about the score being deceiving in my post. But since you brought it up, you’re the one posting like losing Mosley, a Mr. Football semi finalist, didn’t have an effect on the outcome of week ten’s game. At this point, it’s laughable. I hope my prediction for your game is wrong and JC and Trinity go on a run and we meet up in Chatt in a few weeks. I’m sure by that point your coach will be considered the best in TN highschool football history and JC won’t get a first down and give up points to Trinity on each of their possessions. 

1 minute ago, WestTNBuc said:

The pot calling the kettle black, “Homer”. No one cares about games from years back and I said nothing about the score being deceiving in my post. But since you brought it up, you’re the one posting like losing Mosley, a Mr. Football semi finalist, didn’t have an effect on the outcome of week ten’s game. At this point, it’s laughable. I hope my prediction for your game is wrong and JC and Trinity go on a run and we meet up in Chatt in a few weeks. I’m sure by that point your coach will be considered the best in TN highschool football history and JC won’t get a first down and give up points to Trinity on each of their possessions. 

I see that I did post the word deceiving in the section about Trinity / NC. I’ll stand by that till the day I die. I believe most from both sides would agree. JC gave the ball up on short fields multiple times including on a fluke kickoff. Those are facts. Obviously they fumbled the ball but TCA didn’t dominate the full game and I’d put money on JC in a rematch and wouldn’t even blink. The game plan from TCA was fine, especially once Mosley was injured. If Thomkins had gone out in the 2nd Q like Mosley and your guys had been up 2 TDs and JC came back you’d feel the same way as me. If I was acting like losing him made no difference you’d be saying the same things. 
Best of luck this week and the rest of the playoffs, hopefully we’ll see you all in Chatt. 

40 minutes ago, WestTNBuc said:

The reference to a game 9 years ago was simply a comparison reference.  Backing 7 up in the secondary didn’t work then and it didn’t work now.  That’s coaching. I don’t really care if you care or not.   I wished Mosley hadn’t got hurt because we don’t ever want a young kids future to be jeopardized but also so that the game would have been played differently.  Makes no sense to argue what outcome would have been because he’s not playing and won’t be playing.  You got to go with what you got.  Obviously odds were in your favor if he played but I would take my chances on TCA if he was able to play.  Odds of both of us being in Chatt are pretty slim.  NCA and FCA are tall tasks for TCA and Columbia Academy is a tall task for JC.  

On 11/4/2023 at 4:05 PM, Intense said:

The reference to a game 9 years ago was simply a comparison reference.  Backing 7 up in the secondary didn’t work then and it didn’t work now.  That’s coaching. I don’t really care if you care or not.   I wished Mosley hadn’t got hurt because we don’t ever want a young kids future to be jeopardized but also so that the game would have been played differently.  Makes no sense to argue what outcome would have been because he’s not playing and won’t be playing.  You got to go with what you got.  Obviously odds were in your favor if he played but I would take my chances on TCA if he was able to play.  Odds of both of us being in Chatt are pretty slim.  NCA and FCA are tall tasks for TCA and Columbia Academy is a tall task for JC.  

NCS and FCS - are u new here?

10 minutes ago, Intense said:

Yeah, been on the T about 11 years.  Typo

2 hours ago, QuickStrike said:

NCS and FCS - are u new here?

Not nearly as new as you! He been trollin awhile. If we want to talk coulda / whoulda - the South Pittsburg game says it all for MTCS. Our Mr. Football nominee and starting right tackle were out. We lost - would it have been different, maybe or maybe not, that is why they play the game. Man goes down, who is next up? Can they carry the load? What will JC look like at CA this week? Who knows, but it will be something different than what we have seen in the past.

If frogs had wings.........

• Thanks 1