D2 AAA 2nd round predictions

FR615

On 11/11/2023 at 10:05 AM, Booger said:

Booger saw what Booger thinkin one of the most botch calls in 2nd qtr of that BA-McCallie contest last evenin by a group of refs that Booger saw in a very very long time on a kickoff fare call...

and that Ted Turner School was the grand benefactor....

Booger just sayin :shock:

I watched the film on this play--I thought the kid's arm motion was more of "peter" call than a fair catch (his hand waves away below the shoulder).  It was more of a wave off below the shoulder. His next fair catch call was clear. With that said, the film was not crystal clear from any angle.  So, I can see why BA was upset.  

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 10:59 AM, Whoweft said:

I watched the film on this play--I thought the kid's arm motion was more of "peter" call than a fair catch (his hand waves away below the shoulder).  It was more of a wave off below the shoulder. His next fair catch call was clear. With that said, the film was not crystal clear from any angle.  So, I can see why BA was upset.  

Who "peters" on a kick off? That was a missed call by the refs. The only thing worse was McCallie throwing it to the end zone with less than 2 mins to play and already up 30. Maybe they win a gold ball but not a lot of God glorifying going on there last Friday night. 

16 minutes ago, 3DayWknd said:

Who "peters" on a kick off? That was a missed call by the refs. The only thing worse was McCallie throwing it to the end zone with less than 2 mins to play and already up 30. Maybe they win a gold ball but not a lot of God glorifying going on there last Friday night. 

Ted Turners school throwin that ball to the endzone late ant got nothin to do with no God glorifyin......thats called tryin to score....but if it so and they scored.....its bout as much bout BA not glorifyin God for not defendin it...

.....and 2daywknd thinkin that was worse than a major botch call that altered the momentum of a game

Booger just sayin :twisted:

Edited by Booger

57 minutes ago, 3DayWknd said:

No one. But did the kid know how to make a fair catch? He did not wave his hand in the air above his shoulder. Watch the film. Clearly the young man learned how to declare a fair catch between the fumbled kick-off and the second kick-off.   

As for the pass plays in the last two minutes--McCallie has not done this before this game.  In this case, McCallie put in its second team on offense.  On the first play with the second team--the center snaps the ball over the QB's head.  BA scores. All of that is fine--it happens.

But then, BA's kickoff is an on-side kick (with #9 head hunting).  If you want to talk about sportsmanship and class, the conversation stops there. No  team is going to lay down and see how many times BA could score on its back up players and onside kick over and over. 

16 hours ago, Booger said:

Ted Turners school throwin that ball to the endzone late ant got nothin to do with no God glorifyin......thats called tryin to score....but if it so and they scored.....its bout as much bout BA not glorifyin God for not defendin it...

.....and 2daywknd thinkin that was worse than a major botch call that altered the momentum of a game

Booger just sayin :twisted:

It is worse. The botch call was human error. Running up the score is a character flaw.

15 hours ago, Whoweft said:

No one. But did the kid know how to make a fair catch? He did not wave his hand in the air above his shoulder. Watch the film. Clearly the young man learned how to declare a fair catch between the fumbled kick-off and the second kick-off.   

As for the pass plays in the last two minutes--McCallie has not done this before this game.  In this case, McCallie put in its second team on offense.  On the first play with the second team--the center snaps the ball over the QB's head.  BA scores. All of that is fine--it happens.

But then, BA's kickoff is an on-side kick (with #9 head hunting).  If you want to talk about sportsmanship and class, the conversation stops there. No  team is going to lay down and see how many times BA could score on its back up players and onside kick over and over. 

That's right. No one. So not a valid possibility like you suggested. What I saw was him clearly making it obvious to the officials the second time around.

So your point about McCallie not doing this before is to suggest it was specific to an issue with BA? And because of the head hunting on the kick off? BA wasn't getting the ball back enough in the last 1:50 to score 33 points or kick onside kicks. But ok.

7 hours ago, 3DayWknd said:

That's right. No one. So not a valid possibility like you suggested. What I saw was him clearly making it obvious to the officials the second time around.

So your point about McCallie not doing this before is to suggest it was specific to an issue with BA? And because of the head hunting on the kick off? BA wasn't getting the ball back enough in the last 1:50 to score 33 points or kick onside kicks. But ok.

My point was BA should not have kicked an onside kick after scoring on McCallie's second team.  Once BA decided it was going to try to score as much as it could on the second team, I see nothing wrong with McCallie responding in the same manner.  

As for the "fair catch" -- the kid could have just as easily been calling the ball (and calling others off the ball).  It was not a clear "fair catch".   

I admit the play was a bad break for BA-- but BA was not cheated out of winning this game.  BA had 6 penalties, McCallie had 5 penalties.  The  "fair catch"  play did not cause the interception thrown by BA's 5 star QB, cause BA to only rush for 21 yards, or cause the other 42 points scored by McCallie.