Macon at Upperman

2 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Montrey has been to the semis in football and championship game in boys basketball. Cookeville just went to the second round in football, and championship game in girls basketball. Montery and CHS are not poverty programs like you suggest. 

Monterey and Cookeville did not get to either Championship games in Basketball. Monterey Boys lost in the Semifinals and so did Cookeville’s girls. But on a side note Upperman won a State Championship when Cookeville went and Upperman boys also went to the Semifinals when Monterey did plus The Lady Cavs best players were all related to the Coach. 

Edited by Khall555

12 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I have some very good friends that live in MC and tons of respect for the schools up there and the coaches. Macon had a very good team this year. They will be back. Too much pride and tradition not to. 

Macon returns a lot players for next year. Not saying by any stretch they'll win every game but the tigers will be very solid.

As for now the bee's have the tigers number without a doubt ya can't turn the ball over in a game like that especially twice.

Oh this hurts but good luck friday night and congrats.

13 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Some do have respect but others don’t like @UCSportsFan that thinks they are “just better”

Even after Macon Students Collected and helped Baxter after the tornado in 2020. Do not stomp on the team’s logos and taunt after a win. One of your players #62 was taunting the sidelines at the end tonight.

They are young adults and some still kids. Stuff like this is gonna happen from time to time i promise if macon had won their logo would have been stomped on to. Its a game with a lot of hard work and pain and sometimes actions get the best of ya after being beat on for 3 months and run to death. Boys will be Boys sometimes no matter how good the coach is.  Let the coaches and players handle it. Not saying its right but we ant playing checkers 'iT'S FOOTBALL"

43 minutes ago, mofojoe said:

They are young adults and some still kids. Stuff like this is gonna happen from time to time i promise if macon had won their logo would have been stomped on to. Its a game with a lot of hard work and pain and sometimes actions get the best of ya after being beat on for 3 months and run to death. Boys will be Boys sometimes no matter how good the coach is.  Let the coaches and players handle it. Not saying its right but we ant playing checkers 'iT'S FOOTBALL"

Great post could not have said it better myself

Good game to Macon Co. Them boys fight hard and are well coached but unfortunately for the Tigers same can be said for Upperman. Defense and the running ability of Palk allowed the Bees to control the clock. The score difference might have been greater but silly penalties kept MC in the game. They could have gone deeper in the playoffs if they didn't have to face us but that's the way the cornbread crumbles. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mofojoe said:

Macon returns a lot players for next year. Not saying by any stretch they'll win every game but the tigers will be very solid.

As for now the bee's have the tigers number without a doubt ya can't turn the ball over in a game like that especially twice.

Oh this hurts but good luck friday night and congrats.

Great team and they will be trouble next year

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 9:05 PM, Khall555 said:

More like 40 Cookeville players but Go Devils!!!!

Not that your opinion matters but going to try to educate you to keep you from making yourself look anymore ignorant….. On Uppermans team of players that actually play there is one that came from Cookeville the rest started in youth football that at the time was Baxter Rebels then a group of parents started the Upperman Stingers and the current players playing went with the Stingers program they were all Baxter kids then and Baxter kids now! Minus the one player

22 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Monterey and Cookeville did not get to either Championship games in Basketball. Monterey Boys lost in the Semifinals and so did Cookeville’s girls. But on a side note Upperman won a State Championship when Cookeville went and Upperman boys also went to the Semifinals when Monterey did plus The Lady Cavs best players were all related to the Coach. 

Cookeville and Montery are not poverty programs without success. False narrative to justify Uppermans dominance. 

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Cookeville and Montery are not poverty programs without success. False narrative to justify Uppermans dominance. 

Actually it proves my point they are winning with the kids Upperman cuts and doesn’t want. There’s enough talent in the county to produce winning teams but one school hordes all of it. The other two schools can never win when their best players decide to play in Baxter. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Actually it proves my point they are winning with the kids Upperman cuts and doesn’t want. There’s enough talent in the county to produce winning teams but one school hordes all of it. The other two schools can never win when their best players decide to play in Baxter. 

Bot true, very misinformed. 

• Like 1