Macon at Upperman

On 11/18/2023 at 9:41 AM, Khall555 said:

Monterey and Cookeville did not get to either Championship games in Basketball. Monterey Boys lost in the Semifinals and so did Cookeville’s girls. But on a side note Upperman won a State Championship when Cookeville went and Upperman boys also went to the Semifinals when Monterey did plus The Lady Cavs best players were all related to the Coach. 

Since u know everything about Putnam County, where does the Lady Cav coach live? and yes her kids if zoned would go to Baxter. Your hate and argument is baseless. Schools are schools play ball.

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2023 at 10:42 AM, CaptainGuru said:

Upperman Bees will not mercy rule Macon Tigers in this game and Macon Tigers will not mercy rule Upperman Bees. This will be a great game where neither team mercy rules the other team. It will not happen this game. I guarantee it. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

I was right about this game. I knew Macon Tigers or Upperman Bees would not be able to mercy rule each other. They were too good to let it happen. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

On 11/19/2023 at 7:36 AM, Footballtrophyholder said:

Not that your opinion matters but going to try to educate you to keep you from making yourself look anymore ignorant….. On Uppermans team of players that actually play there is one that came from Cookeville the rest started in youth football that at the time was Baxter Rebels then a group of parents started the Upperman Stingers and the current players playing went with the Stingers program they were all Baxter kids then and Baxter kids now! Minus the one player

I was reading this and I’m a little late to this discussion but all of these kids were part of the middle school championship team and the incoming freshman on this team are also from the 2021 championship team. Most of these kids all play basketball together and also baseball. Kids don’t leave Cookeville to play for upperman Cookeville schools struggle cause coaches play mommy and daddy money ball. Johnnys dad donates a lot of money to the booster club so Johnny is guaranteed to play at whatever position he wants. Upperman plays the best kids no matter what grade or what parent donates. Coaches at upperman don’t have relations with parents they inform parents and tell them what’s needed sorta like a co-parent relationship. So when you line up to upperman just know that every kid on that team has earned playing time it wasn’t just handed to them.  And this post came after upperman has made there way to the state finals they have fought everyone in there path to get there. 

Edited by SouthFL305
Added more

11 hours ago, SouthFL305 said:

I was reading this and I’m a little late to this discussion but all of these kids were part of the middle school championship team and the incoming freshman on this team are also from the 2021 championship team. Most of these kids all play basketball together and also baseball. Kids don’t leave Cookeville to play for upperman Cookeville schools struggle cause coaches play mommy and daddy money ball. Johnnys dad donates a lot of money to the booster club so Johnny is guaranteed to play at whatever position he wants. Upperman plays the best kids no matter what grade or what parent donates. Coaches at upperman don’t have relations with parents they inform parents and tell them what’s needed sorta like a co-parent relationship. So when you line up to upperman just know that every kid on that team has earned playing time it wasn’t just handed to them.  And this post came after upperman has made there way to the state finals they have fought everyone in there path to get there. 

Very true. Daddy ball has ruined many programs. It's very bad in rual programs where everyone knows everyone. Cookeville is the one big program that is does happen. West Putnam County has new people moving and out so daddy ball, the bankers son, doesn't come into play. Baseball and Basketball set the the standard, football was late to gain traction. But the athletes have always been in that area. 

• Like 1

Fanning said with open enrollment in the district, the wide variety of successful sports is attracting more incoming freshmen than ever.

“Just continue to build those programs and continue to work together to where we can develop the student-athletes that want to be a part of our programs and as long as we keep this success, we’re going to continue to get student-athletes to come into our school,” Fanning said.

1 hour ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Fanning said with open enrollment in the district, the wide variety of successful sports is attracting more incoming freshmen than ever.

“Just continue to build those programs and continue to work together to where we can develop the student-athletes that want to be a part of our programs and as long as we keep this success, we’re going to continue to get student-athletes to come into our school,” Fanning said.

When did they start open enrollment in Putnum county I haven’t heard about this happening. 

6 hours ago, SouthFL305 said:

When did they start open enrollment in Putnum county I haven’t heard about this happening. 

Been that way for years I think. It's "if" they have space type deal. Bus zoned students get the priority for the school they are zoned for. But if they have extra capacity after the zoned students, and you are willing to provide your kids transportation, you can go to any in county school. 

57 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Been that way for years I think. It's "if" they have space type deal. Bus zoned students get the priority for the school they are zoned for. But if they have extra capacity after the zoned students, and you are willing to provide your kids transportation, you can go to any in county school. 

Interesting didn’t know that. I would think Cookeville isn’t at its capacity of students but there’s no telling. 

On 11/30/2023 at 5:25 AM, UpperCumberlandMan said:

If you’re 6ft 3 250 lbs and bench press 300 20 times or run a 40 under 4.5 you get priority also

Edited by Khall555