Rd 3 McKenzie travels to Moore Co

RedRebelman

I try to be a reasonable Raider fan if there is such a thing lol. Our regular season schedule was soft. We tackled Cascade, Fayetteville, Franklin Co, and Forrest out of region. I mean no disrespect to any of these schools but they all had down years compared to seasons past. Within the region, you just have to play the schedule that's dealt. While Eagleville and Cornersville were tough nuts to crack, they don't compare to teams like McKenzie, Dresden, nor Union City. I don't want to take away from Moore Co. They have talent and it's tough to go undefeated no matter what region you are in. The real competition starts now. Whether teams come in at this point battle tested or not, now is the time you either put up or shut up. Is Moore Co really that great? Is McKenzie really that much worse off than the past two years? Friday night will solve it and Lord willing we will all witness a fantastic matchup of amazing talent. Can't wait! 

(McKenzie has had our number the last two times out so right now they are still the bully on the block.)

il_1080xN.1590039171_jyy0.jpg

Edited by PercyPeabody
grammatical error
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

I try to be a reasonable Raider fan if there is such a thing lol. Our regular season schedule was soft. We tackled Cascade, Fayetteville, Franklin Co, and Forrest out of region. I mean no disrespect to any of these schools but they all had down years compared to seasons past. Within the region, you just have to play the schedule that's dealt. While Eagleville and Cornersville were tough nuts to crack, they don't compare to teams like McKenzie, Dresden, nor Union City. I don't want to take away from Moore Co. They have talent and it's tough to go undefeated no matter what region you are in. The real competition starts now. Whether teams come in at this point battle tested or not, now is the time you either put up or shut up. Is Moore Co really that great? Is McKenzie really that much worse off than the past two years? Friday night will solve it and Lord willing we will all witness a fantastic matchup of amazing talent. Can't wait! 

(McKenzie has had our number the last two times out so right now they are still the bully on the block.)

il_1080xN.1590039171_jyy0.jpg

cornersville seemed to give mckenzie a good and eagleville knocked off the 2 seed from that region. i also think fayetteville is a solid win despite the down year. franklin county was also a big team with athletes and still couldn’t compete with mc

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, City223 said:

cornersville seemed to give mckenzie a good and eagleville knocked off the 2 seed from that region. i also think fayetteville is a solid win despite the down year. franklin county was also a big team with athletes and still couldn’t compete with mc

I actually took into consideration that Fayetteville had such a tough schedule. I wasn't basing their merit off their record. I just didn't feel that the Tigers had quite the punch of years past. I definitely didn't mean any disrespect. All the teams had athletes and some teams like Collinwood and Franklin Co had size. I just felt overall the schedule MC faced wasn't as stiff as what some of their western counterparts have faced. 

I'll take MoCo in this one.  

McKenzie has had a good run and is still a good team, but I just think the Lynchburg boys find a way at home to win a tough quarterfinal battle to advance and host the semifinals the following week. 

I can still hear their P.A. announcer in my head.  

The smell of JD lemonade and BBQ wafts through the county.  Festive week for fans.  Plenty of barbershop talk as well, I suppose.  Enjoy it.  Soak it up.  Talk it up.  It can be gone in a blink. 

Good luck to both.

• Upvote 2

True on mckenzie schedule stinking after 2 games.  But their receivers dropped easy catches against dresden which completely skewed the score.  I am betting they improved.  Scary third round game with lots of playoff experience.   I would definately be sipping my JD liquid anxiety juice if i was playing them after a weak schedule.   Hook is baited

I got a couple of questions for the Moore Co faithful. 

1. We are considering broadcasting from the visitor stands if the weather cooperates.  It looks like from Google earth, I can pull my truck right behind the stands.  Is that correct? 

2. Is there a power source over there?

3.  The most important question....since the radio crew going to get to Lynchburg around 4, whats the go to spot to get some grub?  

Thanks!