RD 3 Union City travels to Dresden for showdown.

Tornado82

19 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Just watched the Union City / Mase game.  Looked like Union City may have come out of that game a lil bit banged up?   

How about Dresden?   

At this point,  everyone has a few nicks and ailments.  Hope both sides are all hands on deck.

There were a few small things but nothing that will affect this week.

Ok folks this Friday will be a showdown. Dresden brings a great team that is undefeated this year including a 3pt win over Union City. Union City comes in and seems to be hitting their stride now more than ever. Defense is relentless, Offense is not only blasting as usual up the middle but also flying around the edges. Will it be a blow out? NO!!!!!! Does Union City have a sour taste in their mouth over a game they could have won the 1st time? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dresden has home field advantage but Union City fans travel well and this team seems to like playing on the road as their record shows. Both teams respect each other and know that it won’t be an easy win. The road to the Championship runs through this game in my opinion. The fans and the field won’t determine this game only the young men and their determination will decide this game. The new season has started now and both teams are 2-0. Let play some good ole West Tennessee football. 

GO Tornados!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

I  dont get the excitement from towns that run triple option,  veer offense. My son played travel baseball with kids from Huntington and their parents were the same way . To hear them talk it's the greatest offense in football.  It's boring football to watch and if you get down by a couple scores running it the game is over. Union City has talent all over the feild and year after year run the same 10 or 12 plays. It works until they play a well coached team that matches up physically.  This game will go the same way it did when Dresden won the state championship. The 1st game was close and the 2nd game wasn't. 

5 minutes ago, 1010 said:

I  dont get the excitement from towns that run triple option,  veer offense. My son played travel baseball with kids from Huntington and their parents were the same way . To hear them talk it's the greatest offense in football.  It's boring football to watch and if you get down by a couple scores running it the game is over. Union City has talent all over the feild and year after year run the same 10 or 12 plays. It works until they play a well coached team that matches up physically.  This game will go the same way it did when Dresden won the state championship. The 1st game was close and the 2nd game wasn't. 

You entitled to your opinion just like everyone is but like I said, you nor I can predict this game. It will be the young men on the field. Also we have a few more than 10-12 plays and the may be boring but they are effective. Proof being 4 State Championships running the boring offense. See you Friday!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 1010 said:

Depends on what style of football you like. Football is a physical sport. Personally I really enjoy watching offenses like Huntingdon and Union City. There's just something to be said for a team that comes in and tells you exactly what they're going to do and they just punch you in the mouth repeatedly and execute and there's nothing you can do about it. I love the physicality. 

You're not wrong in saying that it's definitely not a come-from-behind offense. The game is predicated on time of possession and getting enough stops on defense. Huntingdon has recently thrown in some pass play wrinkles, but it's just to keep the defense somewhat honest so they can't put 11 in the box. That's also fun to watch. It's just so hard to consistently have success passing the ball at the 1A and 2A level. There are obvious exceptions to that when you have a generational QB, but that's hard to bank on year in and year out.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

You entitled to your opinion just like everyone is but like I said, you nor I can predict this game. It will be the young men on the field. Also we have a few more than 10-12 plays and the may be boring but they are effective. Proof being 4 State Championships running the boring offense. See you Friday!!!!!!!!!

With the talent that was on those 13 and 14 Union City teams you could have had a playbook with 1 play and still won the gold ball. There have been very few 1a teams with athletes like that.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, 1010 said:

Sounds like you may be from Milan. Lol

14 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Sounds like you may be from Milan. Lol

No but hasn’t post since August. But he definitely entitled to his opinion. Hope he is wrong like he was when he picked McKenzie to beat Dresden.

Posted August 25

I saw the Dresden/Westview game and watched Mckenzie play Huntington. Mckenzie don't have any receivers as big or as physical as the kid from Westview plus he was the fastest kid on the  feild  The Qb from Mckenzie is better than Westviews  but his guys are possession receivers (10 to 15 yards) . Dresden will be a bigger challenge to stop offensively than Huntington was ( they aren't running an offense from the eighties) After watching both teams play I would give Mckenzie a 7 to 10 point edge

1 hour ago, 1010 said:

The triple option is a thing of beauty!  Purest form of football.  Angels sing every time the dust settles after 3-4 yards.   

• Like 3

10 hours ago, 1010 said:

That offense won UC 4 State Championships in a 9-year span. If you’re a fan of hard-nosed, winning football it’s exciting to watch.