Waller valley and clinton

8 minutes ago, atrisk said:

Just amazing that parents would packup a house, possibly move multiple children, drive back and forth to work,ect.,ect. So that a kid could a sport for two or maybe just one year. Then what?

Who said they (their parents) even move? What do you think the white church van is for, and why Oridgecat calls ‘em the basement kids? Lol

Edited by SweetScience

35 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

You're assuming his ability to recruit was a one year phenomenon. Say what you will about him, but the man can recruit. The OR recruits didn't help him at all, but the recruits from Knoxville and Alcoa did a lot. He can do the same for years to come, if that's what he chooses to do. The win over OR will help him recruit even better, and reaching the third round won't hurt one bit

We can disagree on this. Again they lose every one of those skill guys except one.  The big one being Josh Keith, the others wanted to play with him, then it kind of snowballed and they gathered all those kids from Knoxville.   Now, they have nothing to sell.  There's nothing left of that roster.  Why would a kid go play for a team that is facing a certain and total rebuild.  Besides that, this whole thing was set up for this to be his and his son's  last year.  He knows there's nothing left.  The word I'm getting from inside the building (no I will not reveal my source) is that he's gone.  So it probably won't even matter.  But if he stays there is no way he replaces Keith, Graham, Hundley, Phillips, Marable, Goins, Pendergrass, Seviers, Searle, Lee, Ortiz and Page with equal or better talent in one off season with nothing to sell.  It's not sustainable. No way.  He was able to recruit to that group of players, they are gone.  So we will see.   

For the record, I have not accused Clinton of doing anything illegal.  I will say on the surface though it does seem to be a unique and somewhat unusual situation and quite comical, and I think their own fans will admit that.  But it appears that this kind of thing is becoming more and more the norm and just accepted, and again T$$AA either doesn't care or doesn't have the resources to enforce anything.  In the end though, Clinton put it together at the end, made a nice run and were the more talented team Friday night.  Should be playing West Fri. night.