Giles Co at Meigs Co

Dadof2

Hello everyone, since the rock has made a return to the T, I guess I can put in my $.02.  Over the past 12 years the CATS have had a losing record when having to travel east of Cookeville 1-4 in the playoffs.  They have a very good record when the east comes to the middle. Not sure if its the mountains or the bus lag, but traveling to the east has no been good for us.  Will this year be any different?  I'm hearing Meigs QB will run all over GC.  I have only seen the CATS play twice this year and both games were snooze fest. I know we played good teams earlier this year, but the CATS haven't seen good teams since then. OC will definitely have the boys prepared it will be up to them to execute the plan.  Everyone travel safe and the CATS will bring a crowd and 20 of them are coaches.  GO CATS!!!

Edited by dadtimesfive

1 hour ago, dadtimesfive said:

Hello everyone, since the rock has made a return to the T, I guess I can put in my $.02.  Over the past 12 years the CATS have had a losing record when having to travel east of Cookeville 1-4 in the playoffs.  They have a very good record when the east comes to the middle. Not sure if its the mountains or the bus lag, but traveling to the east has no been good for us.  Will this year be any different?  I'm hearing Meigs QB will run all over GC.  I have only seen the CATS play twice this year and both games were snooze fest. I know we played good teams earlier this year, but the CATS haven't seen good teams since then. OC will definitely have the boys prepared it will be up to them to execute the plan.  Everyone travel safe and the CATS will bring a crowd and 20 of them are coaches.  GO CATS!!!

If your going back 12 years what is Meigs record? Since GCHS were put in the east schedule for 3A, the only team to beat giles is Alcoa. This will be a good match-up , the weather will have an effect on both teams. Good luck to all the boys and coaches and get the action between the whistles. 

On 11/13/2023 at 12:23 PM, Charger64 said:

Agreed this should be a good game to go watch.

Meigs will be tough at home for sure.

Meigs is more physical than Giles especially at the LOS

Meigs offense goes thru the QB and he is pretty dang good. 

Meigs defense very good against the run.

Giles has more athletes on the field. 

Giles is a two headed monster....#8 can throw it and #4 can run it.

Giles has the edge in the kicking game...Most drives after a Giles score will start on the 20 YL. Great kicker!

To me Giles is a lot like Tyner personnel wise only better. They are well coached and very multiple on offense. They will test the Meigs defense. Giles is the best team Meigs has played this year. Meigs will do what they do.....play defense and run the football. They will have to keep the Giles offense off the field. If Giles stops or slows down the QB run for Meigs they win. If Meigs can control #4 running or receiving, they win.

4 is not the only player but keep thinking that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dadtimesfive said:

Giles losses were squeaks to page 5A to questionable calls, Hardin County 4A which they had like 4 fumbles in the 3rd. Idk what else you watched but this is cap. 

2 hours ago, balloutcat said:

If your going back 12 years what is Meigs record? Since GCHS were put in the east schedule for 3A, the only team to beat giles is Alcoa. This will be a good match-up , the weather will have an effect on both teams. Good luck to all the boys and coaches and get the action between the whistles. 

Looks like to me that Giles had a few rough years and they were moved to the east in 21 and turned things around going 30-6. Giles is the favorite in the game from what I hear but this Meigs team will fight for 4 quarters. Safe travels to everyone, it looks like the roads could be wet.

13 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Looks like to me that Giles had a few rough years and they were moved to the east in 21 and turned things around going 30-6. Giles is the favorite in the game from what I hear but this Meigs team will fight for 4 quarters. Safe travels to everyone, it looks like the roads could be wet.

Meigs Tigers have a good team but Giles Bobcats do too. I guarantee it. This will not be a mercy rule win for Meigs Tigers or Giles Bobcats. Giles Bobcats will win this game but Meigs Tigers will play them hard. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message. 

Ive seen Giles this season, and while they have an impressive record, I was not overly impressed with them. However I have not seen Meigs this season, but did get to see a few of their games when they were in 2A and they were something special. Looks like they are rolling in 3A right now. I think they keep it going this week.

I'm excited about this game.  If Meigs County  has been in the weight room, and they have had a good conditioning program, then they will give the Bobcats a decent fight.  However, if they have not been in the weight room, during the season, then they will be hurting come the 4th quarter. 

Has anyone noticed how the Bobcats Kickoff team always runs to the goal line, even when Chase kicks it into the end zone.  Which is every kick.  If you have not noticed it, then watch tomorrow night, and you will see the guys jog to the the goal line, after the ball goes into the end zone. I noticed it back in the spring, and I have watched them do it every game.  Keep that in mind when you watch other teams, and see if they do that.

Also, when you are on the road, and you arrive at the Stadium, look to see how much wear their practice field has on it.  Check if the equipment looks used, or brand new.  That will tell you how much work they have been putting in.  Something I heard Coach OC mention one time, when he was talking with the Coaches, during an away game.  Impressed me that he thought of that. 

Now, I am not saying Meigs has not been working.  You don't make it this far without putting in work.  That was just a thought that came to me, and wanted to share it.  I am hoping for a great night of football, and everyone who will be on the road tomorrow night, you will be in my prayers for a safe trip.  

I enjoy the close ball games, and I am sure most fans do.  Their is nothing better than a close football game, and I am hoping that Meigs gives the Bobcats a run for their money tomorrow night, but in the end the Bobcats pull it out.  Go Bobcats!

23 minutes ago, aintskeered said:

I'm excited about this game.  If Meigs County  has been in the weight room, and they have had a good conditioning program, then they will give the Bobcats a decent fight.  However, if they have not been in the weight room, during the season, then they will be hurting come the 4th quarter. 

Has anyone noticed how the Bobcats Kickoff team always runs to the goal line, even when Chase kicks it into the end zone.  Which is every kick.  If you have not noticed it, then watch tomorrow night, and you will see the guys jog to the the goal line, after the ball goes into the end zone. I noticed it back in the spring, and I have watched them do it every game.  Keep that in mind when you watch other teams, and see if they do that.

Also, when you are on the road, and you arrive at the Stadium, look to see how much wear their practice field has on it.  Check if the equipment looks used, or brand new.  That will tell you how much work they have been putting in.  Something I heard Coach OC mention one time, when he was talking with the Coaches, during an away game.  Impressed me that he thought of that. 

Now, I am not saying Meigs has not been working.  You don't make it this far without putting in work.  That was just a thought that came to me, and wanted to share it.  I am hoping for a great night of football, and everyone who will be on the road tomorrow night, you will be in my prayers for a safe trip.  

I enjoy the close ball games, and I am sure most fans do.  Their is nothing better than a close football game, and I am hoping that Meigs gives the Bobcats a run for their money tomorrow night, but in the end the Bobcats pull it out.  Go Bobcats!

My cousin killed a Bobcat the other night hunting. Do not worry though I do not think Meigs Tigers can kill the Giles Bobcats in this game. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

1 hour ago, aintskeered said:

One thing about Meigs is they will play their tales off to the last whistle.  They are hard nosed, and will play hard every down.  No prediction on this game, but I know the fight will be there.