Giles Co at Meigs Co

Dadof2

3 hours ago, RidinSplinters said:

Same one they always do. Ultra balanced running and passing with lots of formations.

Can line up 5 wide one play. Could be in a Maryland I the very next.

Could have a 10-play drive with 10 straight runs. Or could throw every down.

Kinda just depends on what matchup the defense is presenting.

Agreed this should be a good game to go watch.

Meigs will be tough at home for sure.

Meigs is more physical than Giles especially at the LOS

Meigs offense goes thru the QB and he is pretty dang good. 

Meigs defense very good against the run.

Giles has more athletes on the field. 

Giles is a two headed monster....#8 can throw it and #4 can run it.

Giles has the edge in the kicking game...Most drives after a Giles score will start on the 20 YL. Great kicker!

To me Giles is a lot like Tyner personnel wise only better. They are well coached and very multiple on offense. They will test the Meigs defense. Giles is the best team Meigs has played this year. Meigs will do what they do.....play defense and run the football. They will have to keep the Giles offense off the field. If Giles stops or slows down the QB run for Meigs they win. If Meigs can control #4 running or receiving, they win.

12 minutes ago, Charger64 said:

Giles has the edge in the kicking game...Most drives after a Giles score will start on the 20 YL. Great kicker!

To me Giles is a lot like Tyner personnel wise only better. They are well coached and very multiple on offense. They will test the Meigs defense. Giles is the best team Meigs has played this year. Meigs will do what they do.....play defense and run the football. They will have to keep the Giles offense off the field. If Giles stops or slows down the QB run for Meigs they win. If Meigs can control #4 running or receiving, they win.

Meigs Tigers are good at home but they will not be able to mercy rule Giles Bobcats in this game. It will not happen. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message. 

6 hours ago, Charger64 said:

#1 isn't too bad either and couple more

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

As of now, 70% chance of rain Friday, that could make it interesting.

Not sure you want Giles primarily running the ball. You will get all you want.  My personal opinion is GC experience is being overlooked. These players have been playing deep into the playoffs their whole HS experience.   The GC offensive line have been impressive. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, likearock said:

Not sure you want Giles primarily running the ball. You will get all you want.  My personal opinion is GC experience is being overlooked. These players have been playing deep into the playoffs their whole HS experience.   The GC offensive line have been impressive. 

Pretty sure we won't disappoint. 

5 hours ago, likearock said:

Actually both teams have been going deep into the playoffs. Looks like Giles Co lost in the first round as freshman and the last two years they made it to Alcoa and got thrashed like everyone else. The Meigs seniors made it to the title game as freshman and lost in the second round and lost in the first round last year, so both teams have experience. So I don’t think that’s been overlooked.

On 11/11/2023 at 11:12 AM, Indian said:

120 yards in penalties, horse collar in the end zone after a TD (called), kicking a player in the head when the player is on the ground (uncalled), 2 15-yarders after one play, they had enough to overcome it last night but that stuff will give them no shot against Giles. Wished Seq’s leading tackler had been in there, went out late vs Tyner and was having an outstanding 9th grade season (also on offense) but it happens. Hoping the teams meet in the postseason next year.

Figured this post was coming.....lol.  Giles by 2 tds

On 11/13/2023 at 12:23 PM, Charger64 said:

That's a really big IF. Page had trouble with him and #1. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, likearock said:

Do not worry! Meigs Tigers will not be able to mercy rule Giles Bobcats in this game. It will not happen. I guarantee it. I believe Giles Bobcats will win this game over Meigs Tigers. It does not matter that Meigs Tigers are undefeated and Giles Bobcats have been defeated. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.