Oakland @ Riverdale (Battle of the Boro Round 2)

highangle11

14 hours ago, BarnBurner09 said:

Oakland is a great program. 

Im making a stand. Tomorrow we see the heart of Riverdale. 

RD 32

Oak 28

This is a good pick. Riverdale Warriors might be able to beat Oakland Patriots again, but Riverdale Warriors will not mercy rule Oakland Patriots. It will not happen. I guarantee it. Oakland Patriots are too good to let it happen. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Surprised by how many people are taking Oakland, not just on this thread but various platforms. We can argue whether the 2pt conversion was a fluke, but truth of the matter it's been a long time since a TN public school dominated Oakland the way Riverdale did in the 2nd half. In the first meeting, Riverdale thought it could beat Oakland, now it knows it can.

Weather could play a factor but doesn't look like it will last past the opening quarter and like any good staff I'm sure Riverdale has prepared for this scenario.

I hope Oakland makes me eat my words, but I'm taking Riverdale 27-24. This just feels too much like 2009, two teams that are very even, Riverdale just has something a little extra

6 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Surprised by how many people are taking Oakland, not just on this thread but various platforms. We can argue whether the 2pt conversion was a fluke, but truth of the matter it's been a long time since a TN public school dominated Oakland the way Riverdale did in the 2nd half. In the first meeting, Riverdale thought it could beat Oakland, now it knows it can.

Weather could play a factor but doesn't look like it will last past the opening quarter and like any good staff I'm sure Riverdale has prepared for this scenario.

I hope Oakland makes me eat my words, but I'm taking Riverdale 27-24. This just feels too much like 2009, two teams that are very even, Riverdale just has something a little extra

Do not worry about it. Riverdale Warriors will not be able to mercy rule your Oakland Patriots. It will not happen. I guarantee it. Oakland Patriots are too good to let it happen. If Riverdale Warriors can not mercy rule Oakland Patriots then Oakland Patriots will still have a chance to win. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

What's the radio station for this game, I listen to the games on the tune-in app and for a couple years wgns covered the Oakland games but the past couple years I haven't been able to listen to an Oakland game on wgns

7 minutes ago, StarBright87 said:

What's the radio station for this game, I listen to the games on the tune-in app and for a couple years wgns covered the Oakland games but the past couple years I haven't been able to listen to an Oakland game on wgns

Well WGNS is the one I know for sure, I'd try going to their website, https://www.wgnsradio.com/sports

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

I will be paying a lot of attention to this one. I have Riverdale penciled in but really is a very even match up.

2 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

104.5 The Zone is also covering the game.  There's a app and it's what I like to use.   I'm in Austin, TX this weekend and will be tuning in. 

• Thanks 1