Southwind @ Henry Co (Round 3)

SEC1rules

1 minute ago, theunknown said:

Really hoping that HC best defensive player is back this week, Demarcus Patton, HC will need him this week, been out due to injury.

Yes, the defense needs to be as intact as possible for this one, the SW offense is very explosive, really looking forward to this one, just hoping the weather holds up, they said it was supposed to rain last weel too...

5 hours ago, NoPuntIntended said:

Southwind's QB will be too much for Henry County defense. He's one of the best QB's in the state and i believe he is only a Sophmore. I believe SW defense will shut down HC offense this will be HC biggest test up front they have seen all year. This game will be close early, but has the potential to get ugly by the end of it. SW gets the big win over HC.

I don't know about the biggest test. Don't forget HC has played Riverdale and Brentwood this year. Super solid 6A programs that are still in the 6A playoff championship picture. They went 1-1 in those games, with a loss by 3 points to Brentwood after leading most of the game. Also scrimmage some solid teams in 6A out of Memphis as well as MBA in Nashville. Southwind does have a good QB, but he is no Caden Marshall. I'd be willing to say Southwind has not seen a QB like Marshall all year!

Edited by BigRedPatriot

37 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Yes, the defense needs to be as intact as possible for this one, the SW offense is very explosive, really looking forward to this one, just hoping the weather holds up, they said it was supposed to rain last weel too...

After watching film on Southwind, rain would be beneficial for Henry County's style of play. Southwind wants to spread you out and use their speed and athletic ability. They like to put the ball in the air. Hopefully we get a good rain during the game, coupled with the long ride to HC and crowd noise would be a great home field advantage. 

5 minutes ago, BigRedPatriot said:

After watching film on Southwind, rain would be beneficial for Henry County's style of play. Southwind wants to spread you out and use their speed and athletic ability. They like to put the ball in the air. Hopefully we get a good rain during the game, coupled with the long ride to HC and crowd noise would be a great home field advantage. 

I fully understand what you are saying, I dont want to sit in the cold rain though, if it does rain I will probably just watch online...lol

On 11/14/2023 at 4:32 PM, theunknown said:

I do believe the winner of this game will win State.

Man, the winner of this game gets a ticket to the semis and that's it. I hope the winner of our game (preferably us) gets to Chattanooga, but there ain't no reason Page or Centennial doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt after the last 5-10 years. That region is legit. 

20 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Man, the winner of this game gets a ticket to the semis and that's it. I hope the winner of our game (preferably us) gets to Chattanooga, but there ain't no reason Page or Centennial doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt after the last 5-10 years. That region is legit. 

I am with you, reguardless who wins this game, they will have their hands full with the Page/Centennial winner...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kevin38 said:

I am with you, reguardless who wins this game, they will have their hands full with the Page/Centennial winner...

Very much agreed. 
Henry County can dominate a game and are well coached. 

If HC goes up they should win. 
If Southwind goes up and scores early they can put HC on the ropes. 

prediction 

HC 36

SW 35 

Barnnnnburnerrrr out