Southwind @ Henry Co (Round 3)

SEC1rules

1 hour ago, Haven04 said:

I’ve never seen Henry County fans pray for rain before facing a region 8 team…:popcorneater:

You saw Henry County fans praying for rain?  That is literally what you said. Region 8 has been pretty trash the past couple of years. Last year Southwind went out round one to a terrible R7 Portland. But even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. 

1 hour ago, RollRed123 said:

You saw Henry County fans praying for rain?  That is literally what you said. Region 8 has been pretty trash the past couple of years. Last year Southwind went out round one to a terrible R7 Portland. But even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. 

Yes read a couple comments above; maybe not literally praying but you get it. Last year’s lost is irrelevant. Maybe the rain will help maybe not.  Still proud of Southwind for representing well. They can’t be the best unless they can travel on the road and beat the best. If they continue to play disciplined football and minimize mistakes they can definitely come away with a win. 

i think P4P Henry is the better team, however if their trend of being down late and hoping for a comeback continues, they will lose this game. they cannot dig a hole tonight. SW’s offense scores a lot, and fast. Pats have to play 48 full minutes. I expect a high scoring potential shootout. 

3 hours ago, Bump11 said:

i think P4P Henry is the better team, however if their trend of being down late and hoping for a comeback continues, they will lose this game. they cannot dig a hole tonight. SW’s offense scores a lot, and fast. Pats have to play 48 full minutes. I expect a high scoring potential shootout. 

You’re correct. I dont think the Big Red can afford to get far behind and turn it on for a win 

3 hours ago, Haven04 said:

Yes read a couple comments above; maybe not literally praying but you get it. Last year’s lost is irrelevant. Maybe the rain will help maybe not.  Still proud of Southwind for representing well. They can’t be the best unless they can travel on the road and beat the best. If they continue to play disciplined football and minimize mistakes they can definitely come away with a win. 

When SW beat Springfield 62 - 0, it got my attention (although Springfield is down this year)
When they beat Beech 45-22, it got me a bit worried, can't lie.
I've heard the QB is very good and some good receivers and they play very disciplined.
What is it that makes SW so good this year? 

9 minutes ago, kappy said:

Athletes with discipline and Good coaching staff, is what makes SW good this year. 

I believe their defense is not talked about enough, they swarm to the ball very well, having said that, their QB is really good, especially for only being a soph. This should be an interesting game...

39 minutes ago, BigRedRealist said:

When SW beat Springfield 62 - 0, it got my attention (although Springfield is down this year)
When they beat Beech 45-22, it got me a bit worried, can't lie.
I've heard the QB is very good and some good receivers and they play very disciplined.
What is it that makes SW so good this year? 

I didn’t see anything on the beech game as to why it went so bad. The Springfield game had probably the most turnovers I’ve ever seen in a game. Sometimes in SWs red zone. Some for just a straight pick 6. HC Has to protect the football just to try to keep it close. No Free points like the Hendersonville cry babys got.