Southwind @ Henry Co (Round 3)

SEC1rules

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

Doesn't matter. If he had issues with SW, take it up before the game. I'm gonna chalk it up as being in the heat of the moment bc being raised up in a football household like he was, he knows better than to come off like he did tonight 

Amen. Voice of reason. 

Let it go. 

Good luck south wind 

Better team won the game !!! I don’t know who calls the plays for HC but they looked like a single A or AA type team tonight offense. HC Qb is a awesome player but Qb run left Qb run right isn't gonna beat top level 5A football teams.. As far as the coaches comments after the game I thought it was classless and he is definitely a sore loser. Congratulations Southwind and good luck next week. Congratulations to HC on a good season. 

2 minutes ago, BarnBurner09 said:

Gives sore loser vibes. 
do you have a link to the audio 

Just sends a bad message that somehow southwind cheated. 

I watched the game. 
Henry County got beat and Southwind didn’t even play their best game 

No, unfortunately, I don't have a link of the audio......

His comments occurred on the very tail-end (Post-game) of Henry County's Live Stream -- the one that was posted on earlier pages.   I listened to the stream all the way through, beyond the game and into the Postgame, until it shut down.

We should be talking about the SW soph. QB, he stood back there with no worries, calm, cool, and collected, and went through his progressions like a seasoned vet, that young man did not get rattled one bit, and it seemd like he had eyes in the back of his head, feeling pressure, stepping up, and throwing lasers, the one TD pass he threw to tie it up in the 4th qtr was on a rope!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

We should be talking about the SW soph. QB, he stood back there with no worries, calm, cool, and collected, and went through his progressions like a seasoned vet, that young man did not get rattled one bit, and it seemd like he had eyes in the back of his head, feeling pressure, stepping up, and throwing lasers, the one TD pass he threw to tie it up in the 4th qtr was on a rope!

Agreed. Suprised he had all the time. Ran we he needed to. Didn’t run and found the third read. 
Southwind is a team that can win in any place any time. 
For a Soph He looked the part. And the team looked fine. 

Page better come correct. Cause this Southwind team is hungry and ready 

• Upvote 1

This was the most disciplined team I have ever seen out of Memphis. I thought HC coaches knew what would happen if they didnt play possession football against a very talented team. The QB from SW was the deciding factor. He never got rattled, went through his progressions, and made the plays when needed.  I think HC coaches made two critical errors this game. One was getting cute at end of 1st half with a minute to go and started throwing the ball instead of staying the course and giving his kicker a managable fg to go in the half up 4. Secondly, HC should have gone for 2 on the 3rd TD to try to go up 9 making it a two possession game in the 4th quarter to put maximum pressure on SW with such little time to go. I think HC had a great game plan to slow down SW but in the end, the talent level on offense was the deciding factor. Im a realist. SW has the best chance to win the gold ball between these two teams. They were a more rounded team that could afford to make a few mistakes. SW opened the playbook up where HC seemed to be holding on by a thread playing not to lose. I think SW beats Page by 14-21 next week and gives West all they want.  The Pateiots have nothing to be ashamed of. For a team to look so bad in the preseason against Paducah to a very formidable foe in the playoffs was a testament to the development of these young men. Good luck to SW next week.

Edited by matt_8777

31 minutes ago, TheLiaison said:

HC coach is a good man, but he should be careful about what he says in regards to Southwind having out of zone players. A lot of people know that HC is supposed to be in 6A based off enrollment but is 5A due to some “adjustment” of numbers. 

This is not the first time this has been mentioned on here.  Many people believe:

Henry County got away with playing Clarksville-Montgomery County 5A for several years when they should have been playing Williamson County 6A along with Dickson County.  Dickson County was thrown to the wolves those years while Henry County was able to beat up on the sheep.  

29 minutes ago, TheLiaison said:

HC coach is a good man, but he should be careful about what he says in regards to Southwind having out of zone players. A lot of people know that HC is supposed to be in 6A based off enrollment but is 5A due to some “adjustment” of numbers. 

This a straight up lie and based on zero facts. The separate 9th grade school is counted in the numbers for HC’s total enrollment.