DII-AA: Who is your pick?

Getready2rumbl

5 minutes ago, FR615 said:

I think Davidson county pulls one out against Boyd and CPA wins by two TDS.

This will be a pretty good game early, but Boyd pulls away in the second half with their run game and stingy defense.  Boyd did beat DA last year at their place 39-10, and this Boyd team is much deeper and more talented than last year.   

CPA wins in a tight one.  But you never know how this could play out the second time around...

13 minutes ago, CPA4Ever said:

who's out?

#1 GA commit CB/WR

He was out last game after have knee surgery the week before.

I blame myself, the week before I had just said, can you imagine kicking off to us with a GA commit and a GA offer sophomore back deep to return with a UTK commit playing up a little from them for the short kicks. 

1 hour ago, BreadTruck28 said:

I’m surprised to see nobody has mentioned CPA’s #1 player in the state per recruiting services being out… I think CPA’s defense is so good / deep it doesn’t matter. 

I’m going with DA again in a close one. #53 being the difference. 

As much as I would like Coach Geis & FRA to pull off the upset, I think he needs another year or 2 to build the program, so I see CPA winning this one.  

I know very little about DA and BB other than they both have excellent coaches. Give me BB as they won more convincingly last week.

Speaking of which, find me 4 better coaches than this semifinal in AA.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

#1 GA commit CB/WR

He was out last game after have knee surgery the week before.

I blame myself, the week before I had just said, can you imagine kicking off to us with a GA commit and a GA offer sophomore back deep to return with a UTK commit playing up a little from them for the short kicks. 

Would he be able to make it back in time for the Championship? Having that Thanksgiving week off to refresh and deal with some soreness would help most teams right now.

FRA is an excellent team. Their only flaw IMO is the QB's ability to go deep consistently. They could pick on lesser opponents in the region but in the first game vs. CPA the defensive backs got the best of him. They have the O line and ball carriers to run the ball and control the clock but have to play perfectly and call plays perfectly to win.

In the other game, DA's defense has to be dominant for 4 quarters. A couple of times this season they let teams get some momentum (Lausanne included) and they can't afford to let BB do that this week. 

We've been fortunate to get CPA vs FRA twice this season and if we get CPA vs BB in the final I think those are the top 3 teams.

• Like 1