Knox Fulton Coach Jeff McMillan steps down.

BarneySox2007

Just now, Swipes said:

I wouldn't say so when it comes to pay, resources, or players.  Yes GP has won more games than Oak Ridge lately but 5a and Oak Ridge are a different animal than GP.

If i were a HC, i'd avoid any program that ran off another HC for no apparent reason.  Seems you've left that out of your assessment.

7 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

If i were a HC, i'd avoid any program that ran off another HC for no apparent reason.  Seems you've left that out of your assessment.

Not arguing that point at all especially when they went farther last year than they did this year with a worse record.  Just feel like when it comes to overall program Oak Ridge is a better job than GP and has more of a tradition.  Not to mention who likes Gatlinburg Traffic? :lol:

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Not arguing that point at all especially when they went farther last year than they did this year with a worse record.  Just feel like when it comes to overall program Oak Ridge is a better job than GP and has more of a tradition.  Not to mention who likes Gatlinburg Traffic? :lol:

I get that too.   But theres no tellin what kind of cash bonuses came at GP.  I imagine those don't exist in OR.

2 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

I get that too.   But theres no tellin what kind of cash bonuses came at GP.  I imagine those don't exist in OR.

I'm sure Rang could tell us on both schools how much he was getting paid above and below the table.  I wonder why he left GP in the first place since they do have good athletes for a 3a school

5 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I guess it depends on what things you value the most. GP has a fixed ceiling as long as they are in the same class as Alcoa. In 5A, the balance of power has shifted yearly (up to this point, although West might be changing that)

GP also has 11 wins this season and last.  Championship or not, that's a good place to be.

18 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

So Fulton not winning like they used to because KCS Board changed the school zone? So it doesn't have anything to do with Buck Coatney/ Rob Black not being the HFBC and Josh Jones getting out of Rec League football and becoming a HS coach?

No it has a lot to do with Josh J at Bearden.  I'm saying that if they want those players again for the most part a rezoning would benefit them.  They wouldn't HAVE to rely on a JJ recruitment class as much.

Justin Long is a really really good football mind I'm told.  He spent a lot of time with Black at Fulton.  He played under Sparks at Carson Newman I think.  People that know him say he is a player's coach.  Fulton kids need a coach like that.  He would be perfect.  Plus it's 2023....has Fulton ever had an African American coach before?

Just now, pdover1776 said:

Justin Long is a really really good football mind I'm told.  He spent a lot of time with Black at Fulton.  He played under Sparks at Carson Newman I think.  People that know him say he is a player's coach.  Fulton kids need a coach like that.  He would be perfect.  Plus it's 2023....has Fulton ever had an African American coach before?

I couldn’t agree more with this. Justin is a great coach and a fantastic leader of young men. If they could steal him from Grace, it would undoubtedly be a “home run” hire. It’s going to take a special coach to turn Fulton around and he fits the bill.