Sweetwater Coaching Search

MCCS87

29 minutes ago, Jet Pride said:

I've said for nearly 10 years he needed to go. If Sweetwater even consider hiring him just shows they don't care about football 

It will take two or three generations from now to forget this stupid episode in the history of the Sweetwater Football Program. I would say forever but remember that's what the new agenda is in all public schools is to erase history and rewrite it the way it didn't happen. Also tear down a statue or two that serves no purpose while their at it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2023 at 11:49 AM, Swipes said:

I figured it would have to be someone already on staff or from the community. (Maybe one of the complaining parent's)  There isn't any coach worth their salt that would touch that dumpster fire after what happened

Maybe a young dumb and full of himself coach. Other than that you are spot on.

Being from Maryville and remembering Caleb Slover when he played QB for Anderson County in 95 and 96 he was a very good player. If his kid was half as good as he was I can't imagine with Caleb's background as a good QB the apple didn't fall far from the tree. When someone was talking about his passing percentage on here the very first thing I thought was what is the problem with these idiots in Sweetwater. For them to find a coach after all this mess is going to be almost impossible. I'm sure they'll be some Yes man or an A kisser show up to take this job but it won't be a coach.

17 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Being from Maryville and remembering Caleb Slover when he played QB for Anderson County in 95 and 96 he was a very good player. If his kid was half as good as he was I can't imagine with Caleb's background as a good QB the apple didn't fall far from the tree. When someone was talking about his passing percentage on here the very first thing I thought was what is the problem with these idiots in Sweetwater. For them to find a coach after all this mess is going to be almost impossible. I'm sure they'll be some Yes man or an A kisser show up to take this job but it won't be a coach.

Sweetwater has dug their own gave when they fired Slover for not starting who a few ignorant parents wanted to start. When Sweetwater lost to Meigs those parents demanded Slover start a freshman qb next game and it all went downhill from there. Those parents got what they wanted and the freshman qb never won a game even playing some bad teams. What coach would want to be there with an administration that listens to a few selfish parents? Their sports programs are going downhill because of a weak administration that won't support good coaches.