Sweetwater Coaching Search

MCCS87

I was told about this last night. Meigs will be down and some kids are already transferring knowing this fact. Shame though, He's a good coach. Sweetwater has had more talent than Meigs more often than not. With a good coach if he doesn't get hammered by the parenting like the last football coach and basketball coach he will likely do really well. The only flaw out of Bunch that I seen last year is discipline was out of Control. Best luck to him.

6 hours ago, Yeti said:

I was told about this last night. Meigs will be down and some kids are already transferring knowing this fact. Shame though, He's a good coach. Sweetwater has had more talent than Meigs more often than not. With a good coach if he doesn't get hammered by the parenting like the last football coach and basketball coach he will likely do really well. The only flaw out of Bunch that I seen last year is discipline was out of Control. Best luck to him.

Yeti where have you heard the Meigs kids transferring to? I’ve always thought of Meigs and McMinn as sister schools so to speak. I hate to hear Meigs losing players 

51 minutes ago, MCKees said:

Yeti where have you heard the Meigs kids transferring to? I’ve always thought of Meigs and McMinn as sister schools so to speak. I hate to hear Meigs losing players 

One came to Central back before Christmas. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Surprised but not surprised they found them a decent coach but I guess with in a lot of diffucult situations it never fails someone pops up and says "Here Hold My Beer". If that were me taking that job those assistants would have to hit the road and the parents that created this mess have two choices , keep your pie hole shut or stay at home on Friday Night. All I can say is good luck in putting this dumpster fire out and if you don't that will be two coaches in a row that gave up a lot to get nothing in return. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Something has happened behind the scenes at Meigs. Youre not going to be an assistant for as long as he was, and finally get the head coaching job like he did, and have a 12-1 season your first year to give it up to go to a dumpster fire like Sweetwater is. Everyone knows what happened at Sweetwater and how the previous coach was treated. Im sure i could find out what happened, but honestly I just dont care. It has to be bad to choose Sweetwater over what he had despite a talent level drop. That's just my opinion and assumption honestly. Nothing more. Again I wish him well. It will be funny though if we Continue the streak against Sweetwater next year. :roflol:

That being said I'm pretty sure we pay the head coach for football pretty good at Meigs. Ive heard the figure not that its entirely  accurate, but considering the amount we should be able to to afford a proven individual if one is available. Ofcourse we could get someone on staff again you never know.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 5:31 PM, MCKees said:

He did go to central I'm told, he was already considering a transfer before Tommy left though I had heard mid season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

Something has happened behind the scenes at Meigs. Youre not going to be an assistant for as long as he was, and finally get the head coaching job like he did, and have a 12-1 season your first year to give it up to go to a dumpster fire like Sweetwater is. Everyone knows what happened at Sweetwater and how the previous coach was treated. Im sure i could find out what happened, but honestly I just dont care. It has to be bad to choose Sweetwater over what he had despite a talent level drop. That's just my opinion and assumption honestly. Nothing more. Again I wish him well. It will be funny though if we Continue the streak against Sweetwater next year. :roflol:

That being said I'm pretty sure we pay the head coach for football pretty good at Meigs. Ive heard the figure not that its entirely  accurate, but considering the amount we should be able to to afford a proven individual if one is available. Ofcourse we could get someone on staff again you never know.

Your 100% right, something behind the scenes has had to happen, you don't leave because you see a bump in the road coming up. The entire system in Monroe County is a total dumpster fire and at one time Sweetwater managed through it okay but the dam finally broke on them last year. We all know how the principal got her position there and so on and so forth. I don't have to repeat myself if you read my last post. The people involved with last years fiasco should be ashamed themselves but they'll just shake it off like nothing ever happened and get ready to micromanage the new coach. Before I would move into that situation I would have came up the road another 35-40 miles and applied for one of the openings in the Knoxville area and with a 12-1 record the coach would have found a decent job somewhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yeti said:

I was told Friday night at the BB game that no one had any idea, not even the assistants, supposedly he dropped it on them Thursday. He definitely burned some bridges the way he went about this, if it doesn’t work out at Sweetwater, I don’t see him coming back to Meigs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

I was told Friday night at the BB game that no one had any idea, not even the assistants, supposedly he dropped it on them Thursday. He definitely burned some bridges the way he went about this, if it doesn’t work out at Sweetwater, I don’t see him coming back to Meigs.

100%

7 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

of course not