Bearden Bulldogs 2024

JournalEntry

3 hours ago, HTV said:

A coach left for a head coaching position, another for a coordinator position, a guy who wasn't to on the high school team staff left for another position not on a high school staff, and a guy who was going to join the staff decided not to.  And it's still the offseason.  

What "honor" is there to defend?   

OH!

I know the answer to this one:

There is absolutely no honor.

We can count on you to defend them no matter what.

3 hours ago, HTV said:

Kevin Lane took the Central head coaching job. 

One high school assistant and the head coach of the MAC program went with him. 

Reado agreed to come, then changed his mind.  

That's it. End of story. 

That pretty much summarizes it all.

2 hours ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

Since he was hired: 

2 WR coaches 

2 TE coaches 

3 OL coaches 

1 RB coach 

1 DB coach 

1 DC 

I think that adds up to 10 

It’s called rebuilding. You just have to find the right guys, and you know you found the right guys when they go on to be head coaches at other programs. You can’t do anything if they leave for other jobs. That’s it, simple, and if it’s shown every day as a coach that you come in and slack and not reach your full potential, not just for the team but for the student athlete as well, then it’s the next man up, and you gotta go. 

Welcome to today's coaching. It's not just hiring some teacher who's only coaching experience is flag football and maybe played in high school. Schools are going out and getting coaches with experience under their belt, and those coaches are going out and getting people with actual experiences to help not just the program but the student athletes as well, whether they are teachers or not or have anything to do with the school or in a classroom, and that's what the TSAA wanted, and I would say most people.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Dawgz4life said:

It’s called rebuilding. You just have to find the right guys, and you know you found the right guys when they go on to be head coaches at other programs. You can’t do anything if they leave for other jobs. That’s it, simple, and if it’s shown every day as a coach that you come in and slack and not reach your full potential, not just for the team but for the student athlete as well, then it’s the next man up, and you gotta go. 

Welcome to today's coaching. It's not just hiring some teacher who's only coaching experience is flag football and maybe played in high school. Schools are going out and getting coaches with experience under their belt, and those coaches are going out and getting people with actual experiences to help not just the program but the student athletes as well, whether they are teachers or not or have anything to do with the school or in a classroom, and that's what the TSAA wanted, and I would say most people.

It’s called building a program people want to be a part of. If you lose a majority of the people you hire, you either aren’t qualified to be making the hire, or you haven’t built a quality product. 

this is likely the outcome of hiring who aren’t qualified to be teachers and have no ties to the school and the community. So it’s no big deal if they jump ship. None of the coaches that left were teachers in the building. So that not hiring teachers comment makes no sense. 

They’ve only had one coach leave for a head coaching job. And he only got that job because no one else wanted it. 

3 hours ago, HTV said:

Kevin Lane took the Central head coaching job. 

One high school assistant and the head coach of the MAC program went with him. 

Reado agreed to come, then changed his mind.  

That's it. End of story. 

coaches come and go they have to do what good for fam. we got to make sure players not gonna leave. we got one kid out here takin visits at other high schools. we lost smith, that hurt. we didn’t get a few Farragut 8th graders. if they grant the one time transfer, hearing 6-7more leaving to cathlic. JJ got to do something 

4 hours ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

Since he was hired: 

2 WR coaches 

2 TE coaches 

3 OL coaches 

1 RB coach 

1 DB coach 

1 DC 

I think that adds up to 10 

Newsflash:  

Knox County football coaches move quite often, especially those who teach/work at schools other than where they coach and non faculty coaches. 

It's a different day. 

New head coaches often have staff changes early in their tenure until the right fits are made. 

Some of you are obviously wearing tin foil hats. 

Edited by HTV

1 minute ago, HTV said:

Newsflash:  

Knox County football coach move quite often, especially those who teach/work at schools other than where they coach and non faculty coaches. 

It's a different day. 

New head coaches often have staff changes eay in their tenure until the right fits are made. 

First you said my numbers were exaggerated now my numbers are correct but it’s fine and totally normal. 

jones reminds me of an old saying, run into an #### first thing in the morning, you met one ####. Run into assholes all day, you’re the ####. 

1 hour ago, Futbolfan2022 said:

First you said my numbers were exaggerated now my numbers are correct but it’s fine and totally normal. 

jones reminds me of an old saying, run into an #### first thing in the morning, you met one ####. Run into assholes all day, you’re the ####. 

Your numbers are exaggerated and the changes are completely out of context. 

Get a grip. 

18 minutes ago, HTV said:

Your numbers are exaggerated and the changes are completely out of context. 

Get a grip. 

What do you mean they’re exaggerated? In the time he’s been there he has officially hired 10 coaches who are no longer a part of the program. That is a fact. If anything I’m underreporting the number who have left. Only one left for a better job. Having that high of a turnover rate is a major red flag. 

On 4/13/2024 at 2:11 PM, HTV said:

Reado and the Smiths had ties, and yes, Reado is gone.  

Lane only took a couple of guys with him, one of them being the coach who led the feeder program and another for a promotion to a coordinator position.  

No mass exodus of coaches.  

So Reado left because Smith left? That seems like Smith just pulled the rug out from under him and left Reado hanging. Why didn't Reado just stay on and coach O-Line. I am sure he could have done a great job. He has been successful before at CAK and Grace Christian of Knoxville. Is private Christian School coaching that much different than coaching public school, and it also being BHS at that?