Dyersburg @ East Nashville 3A Semi-Final

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

East wins 33-19. Up by 2 with about 6 minutes left, East got a really nice punt return TD from Elijah Usher to pretty much seal the deal. 

Round three with Alcoa, but I think this will be tough for East to even stay close. This is probably their youngest of the three teams to go to Chattanooga and Dyersburg was able to gash them all night long only to mysteriously try to throw the ball. It wasn’t their strength and East swamped their passing game. I see Alcoa running all over the East lines. 

15 minutes ago, Unimane said:

East wins 33-19. Up by 2 with about 6 minutes left, East got a really nice punt return TD from Elijah Usher to pretty much seal the deal. 

Round three with Alcoa, but I think this will be tough for East to even stay close. This is probably their youngest of the three teams to go to Chattanooga and Dyersburg was able to gash them all night long only to mysteriously try to throw the ball. It wasn’t their strength and East swamped their passing game. I see Alcoa running all over the East lines. 

Dyersburg losing their starting quarterback really showed up tonight

27 minutes ago, Unimane said:

East didn’t play their best game and still won by 2 scores! Great season Dyersburg.

Edited by EaggleNation

13 minutes ago, EaggleNation said:

East didn’t play their best game and still won by 2 scores! Congratulations to Dyersburg great season!!!

I would love to see the Eagles take down Alcoa and provide some parity to this division. I think it's a taller order this year for East. Last year they had a real shot. Three times in a row to Chattanooga is quite an accomplishment, though.

2 hours ago, TrickyD said:

Dyersburg losing their starting quarterback really showed up tonight

Definitely showed up tonight, but why try to throw the ball when you running well a getting chunk plays on the ground. Even with the starting QB that’s not our strength. I just don’t understand the logic.