Clinton Dragons 2024

92Dragon

8 hours ago, oridgecat said:

I do appreciate your loyalty, but if you don't have the jimmies and joes, then they can be motivated all they want, it ain't gonna matter.  4-6 regular season with that roster is just not getting it.  Unless they replace all those dudes with equal or better talent, next year is going to be extremely difficult on whomever the head coach is.  I still say he looks at the big picture and realizes it is a total 3-4 year rebuild.  I doubt he signs back up for that.  Hey, beating OR once will be his high water mark at Clinton.  I mean 19-24 with THESE dudes.  C'mon man.

I was honestly expecting Clinton to go 5-5 or 6-4 at best during the regular season.

I didn't think we would lose to LC. I did think we would lose to Cleveland, West, Powell, Oak Ridge, and AC before the season started but also thought Clinton had a chance to  upset  either Cleveland or AC but that didn't happen. 

I'll be honest....when Clinton was sitting at 2-6 I thought everyone had thrown in the towel and called it quits for the season. I thought we would beat Karns, but lose to Heritage. And I didn't think we would beat McMinn or Oak Ridge in the playoffs. 

13 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

I was honestly expecting Clinton to go 5-5 or 6-4 at best during the regular season.

I didn't think we would lose to LC. I did think we would lose to Cleveland, West, Powell, Oak Ridge, and AC before the season started but also thought Clinton had a chance to  upset  either Cleveland or AC but that didn't happen. 

I'll be honest....when Clinton was sitting at 2-6 I thought everyone had thrown in the towel and called it quits for the season. I thought we would beat Karns, but lose to Heritage. And I didn't think we would beat McMinn or Oak Ridge in the playoffs. 

Hey 92, when was the last time Clinton went to the 3rd round? I don’t think any of those “Cute Andy” teams, as Ope calls him went that far, did they? 6-7 of course isn’t a great record by no means, but to go on the road and beat MC and OR was pretty huge regardless. Y’all played WV better than I expected too, tbh, especially coming off that huge emotional win @ OR. 

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Hey 92, when was the last time Clinton went to the 3rd round? I don’t think any of those “Cute Andy” teams, as Ope calls him went that far, did they? 6-7 of course isn’t a great record by no means, but to go on the road and beat MC and OR was pretty huge regardless. Y’all played WV better than I expected too, tbh, especially coming off that huge emotional win @ OR. 

Whenever someone asks a question like that I go here: https://ghsfha.org/w/Special:THSFHS

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

Whenever someone asks a question like that I go here: https://ghsfha.org/w/Special:THSFHS

Good looking out. It looks like the last time was in 1992 when they played in the championship game against Gallatin. Only the second time in program history. Not bad, at all. Granted, this year’s Clinton team was probably one of, if not the most talented teams they’ve ever had there overall.

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

1992 was the last time we made it to the 3rd round.

Cute Andy team lost in 2nd Round to AC in 2009.

Tyler Thackerson teams lost to Rhea Co in 1st round in 2014 and Ooltewah 1st round in 2015.  

And then hadn't been back to the playoffs until this year.

The expectations were higher for Clinton this year with the talent they had but they also had a tougher schedule than the previous years. I believe Clinton would've finished around 8-2 if they played last year's schedule.

Playing a tougher schedule actually made Clinton better at the end of the season. I thought they were going to give up because of being 2-6 after the LC game, but they surprised me and a lot of people by reeling off 4 straight wins. 

If Clinton is going to be successful next year, they will need to find a QB and linemen. They will have some good receivers if they decide to come back and not transfer out that is   They had some decent freshmen and jv guys, but will definitely need a couple or more transfers. 

I expect us to go backwards but maybe the coaching staff will surprise me. 

17 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Yep. They’ll get some more, don’t worry.

They may pull in a few more Knoxville kids, but not of the quantity nor the caliber players as the basement boys:  If you replace Graham, Hundley, Kieth, Phillips, Marable, Goins, Felts, and those five sr ol/dl with new "batch of recruits" that has equal or better talent, then you will have put together a class on par with Texas A$M's best class money can buy from a couple years ago.  They'll get a couple guys but nothing like this super talented bunch.  

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1