West Tn Teams

TnHoops23

Looks like from the live stream last night, gc/Peabody wasn't a dogfight at all. Peabody needs to work on not just trying to smack people to be physical. GC defense is plain suffocating. Cantrell may be missed but I feel like the dynamic in this team is better. And Hart can't do what she does without the defense from #30 and #2. They are game changers. 

5 hours ago, wtnbballfan said:

Looks like from the live stream last night, gc/Peabody wasn't a dogfight at all. Peabody needs to work on not just trying to smack people to be physical. GC defense is plain suffocating. Cantrell may be missed but I feel like the dynamic in this team is better. And Hart can't do what she does without the defense from #30 and #2. They are game changers. 

I think the 11 days off hurt both teams a little. Both teams played more poised this Christmas and not that many Turnovers. I have said all along that Gibson County's defense is really good and are just shutting teams down. They held Bartllett to 40 and I do think they are going to be a tough out and should be in every game because of their defense. AA has 7 or 8 teams that can win it all. It is loaded for sure. I am proud of them as always. Great program and well coached. Very fundamental. 

16 hours ago, wtnbballfan said:

Thats a comical statement when the foul count was even on both sides, maybe both teams were “smacking” each other lol…..  This wasn’t a blow out by any means by the final score… Peabody has one of the best defenses in the state, holding teams under 40 pts a game. They forced GC to turn it over around 25 times, the problem right now with Peabody is not making WIDE open shots and layups! And I’m talking WIDE open shots out of their offense! If the kids there can figure out how to make a shot they can be dangerous cause the defense and the offensive schemes are there  to beat teams. Just a matter of the kids puttin the ball in the basket! This was a high level game by both teams! 2 very good teams that can go deep! Micah is a baller! Best in the State! 

Edited by BaBaBaBa

I can see how the 11 days off may have made em rusty. And yes Hart Is a baller. But not one person can do it alone. I agree with Pioneer. Very well coached. Fundamental. I think that's probably all peabody is lacking and not the girls fault. But the two techs on peabody speaks volumes on what kind of defense they are playing.

Just my opinion, gc is gonna take it all in their district. And like pioneer said, lots of good AA teams. Anyone who gets to state will have a hard road but best of luck to them all. 

39 minutes ago, wtnbballfan said:

I can see how the 11 days off may have made em rusty. And yes Hart Is a baller. But not one person can do it alone. I agree with Pioneer. Very well coached. Fundamental. I think that's probably all peabody is lacking and not the girls fault. But the two techs on peabody speaks volumes on what kind of defense they are playing.

Just my opinion, gc is gonna take it all in their district. And like pioneer said, lots of good AA teams. Anyone who gets to state will have a hard road but best of luck to them all. 

2 techs? There was 1 tech as a result of fans saying something to the girl and she responded in front of the refs and fans were warned also. Wasn’t anything to do with a play. Peabody is gonna play tough hard nosed , trapping defense and that’s not gonna change cause the kids get after it! When you turn one of the best teams in the state over 25 times that says something! Just don’t like the comment of smacking someone instead of acknowledging the kids playing hard and following the coaches game plan. And I say that outa a ton of respect for GC who will make adjustments. 

GC is very good! I agree they are favs, but Micah makes the  team go period! Like I said Peabody kids make open shots they win games, that comes down to the kids puttin it in the basket as with any team. Very dangerous if they do that. Same with Westview, they’re good enough defensively to be dangerous but they have to make threes to win. 

Edited by BaBaBaBa

47 minutes ago, BaBaBaBa said:

Good  luck to GC today playing South Gibson today! Should be a good one! 

1 hour ago, wtnbballfan said:

GC South Gibson will be a good one for sure. I do think the 11 days off hurt both Peabody and GC. Both teams can play better as I have seen both a bunch. We made a few more shots and that was the difference in the game because both turned it over a bunch. Do think both teams will play more poised down the road. Peabody, Gibson County and Westview all are good teams that can go deep. Westview losing their PG hurts them and I pray for her healing. She is super fun to watch. Haskins plays great defense and will be in every game they play. One is going to get left out and they all are good enough to beat each other. Very tough three teams for sure.

Edited by pioneer42

40 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

GC South Gibson will be a good one for sure. I do think the 11 days off hurt both Peabody and GC. Both teams can play better as I have seen both a bunch. We made a few more shots and that was the difference in the game because both turned it over a bunch. Do think both teams will play more poised down the road. Peabody, Gibson County and Westview all are good teams that can go deep. Westview losing their PG hurts them and I pray for her healing. She is super fun to watch. Haskins plays great defense and will be in every game they play. One is going to get left out and they all are good enough to beat each other. Very tough three teams for sure.

Totally agree! I hope for 2 outa the 3 to make it down to the Boro! Wish all 3 could but won’t be possible once they get into region.

Edited by BaBaBaBa