Oakland @ Bradley Central (take 2)

jhawk23

On 11/24/2023 at 10:38 PM, GoPats2019 said:

You act like Oakland had been trash for Creasy and this run. They just have titles in 5 different decades. 

80s 1 title, 2 runners-up

90s 1 title 

00s 1 title

10s 1 titles, 1 runners-up

20s 3 titles 

They may not have Maryville’s historical resume, but they’re no slouch. 

Great resume, all of a sudden their championship pedigree far exceeds Rankin's championship run at Riverdale for best of Rutherford County.

2 hours ago, BobbyB said:

I agree didn't think 6A had kids that had to play every snap, not smart.

Quite a few still do. Not an optimum situation, but we still do a lot. You play with what you have. I know coach Floyd tries to platoon as much as possible.

The problem is in many places the numbers of kids willing to do the work to play are down. At one time it was not unusual to see 80 to 90 kids on the Bradley sidelines all the time. Cleveland had 40 to 60 and even Charleston had good numbers.

Oakland and teams like them that still have good numbers need to enjoy it. I really see the continuing drop in numbers of kids willing to get out and do the practices in the heat cold and rain to play football.

This year's Copper Basin had a total of 18 players on a 1A team.

Edited by alt1958b

1 minute ago, alt1958b said:

Quite a few still do. Not an optimum situation, but we still do a lot. You play with what you have.

The problem is in many places the numbers of kids willing to do the work to play are down. At one time it was not unusual to see 80 to 90 kids on the Bradley sidelines all the time. Cleveland had 40 to 60 and even Charleston had good numbers.

Oakland and teams like them that still have good numbers need to enjoy it. I really see the continuing drop in numbers of kids willing to get out and do the practices in the heat cold and rain to play football.

Oakland's numbers actually are down compared to 15 years ago, but for RuCo schools that's largely bc of the addition of new schools. Until its growth slows, I don't think schools in Middle Tennessee have to worry about numbers at the medium and large school level any time soon. 

Like you said, being able to have guys go one way is a luxury

5 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

Quite a few still do. Not an optimum situation, but we still do a lot. You play with what you have. I know coach Floyd tries to platoon as much as possible.

I get it , don't see how small schools do it . You guys have a great environment so don't see why kids miss chance to be apart of it. 

On 11/27/2023 at 12:45 PM, BobbyB said:

I get it , don't see how small schools do it . You guys have a great environment so don't see why kids miss chance to be apart of it. 

Small schools often barely can get enough players to field a team. OS was really good this season late, made it to the 4th round and they probably had 20 Max kids out there. Few years back, Oakdale could not field a team. Eventually, some of these single A schools are going to have to go to 7 man ball like Kansas and Iowa play in rural areas.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 3:41 PM, Bradleysports23 said:

I’m going to be excited next year when people realize Bradley wasn’t just a one year wonder 

Karma says your over played your hand.  It’s easy to do when you are not use to success.  You lacked any humbleness and all lack of respect for your competition and got run ruled to the house before the finals.  Your name alone shows you jumped on as a one trick pony.  Alcoa, Oakland, Maryville, Page, Henry County have all made decent and consistent runs toward a championship over the last 4 years - you’ve made it past the second round once in that timeframe.

The good news for you, you get to spend the next decade telling the world about that one time you had a shot to be a Champion.  Sit down now and watch programs you wish to be play this weekend. 

• Like 3

On 11/27/2023 at 12:45 PM, BobbyB said:

Environment is good with fans filling the home side usually at least 2/3rds full weekly. And Bradley's fans do travel pretty well and support the team on the road.

The facilities are pretty good. although I think the concession stands and restrooms need remodeling and updating, with the press facilities enlarged to accommodate the advent of streaming and TV, as well as more and more coverage from all media. This is something all schools should considering, though.

Bear Stadium is one of the best around, considering size and sight lines and with the addition of artificial turf a few years ago really enhancing it for lot's more use now.

The problem today is there is so much more competition from other things to do.

Edited by alt1958b
  • Upvote 1

On 11/21/2023 at 8:50 AM, CaptainGuru said:

Bradley Bears might think they will beat Oakland Patriots badly because they have Orlando Carter and many other highly touted athletes. It will not happen. I guarantee it. Oakland Patriots will not be easy to beat. Oakland Patriots will be the best team Bradley Bears have played all season. Oakland Patriots know how to win big games. I will be attending this game on Friday night. It should be a great game. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

I knew this would happen. I wish someone would have bet me. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

I went to the Oakland and Bradley game with a friend who has a son playing for Bradley. All I heard before the game was how good Bradley was and Oakland could not stop Boo and the others on offense. When Oakland starting pounding them the Bear fans starting whining and complaining about the officials. Oakland had several touchdowns called back or they would have mercy ruled the Bears. Bradley people started leaving in the middle of the last quarter when the Bradley players showed they did not want any more of Oakland. It was funny how fast the Bradley fans changed their tune.   :roflol:

39 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

I went to the Oakland and Bradley game with a friend who has a son playing for Bradley. All I heard before the game was how good Bradley was and Oakland could not stop Boo and the others on offense. When Oakland starting pounding them the Bear fans starting whining and complaining about the officials. Oakland had several touchdowns called back or they would have mercy ruled the Bears. Bradley people started leaving in the middle of the last quarter when the Bradley players showed they did not want any more of Oakland. It was funny how fast the Bradley fans changed their tune.   :roflol:

You were not sitting near me then.

• Like 1