Oakland @ Bradley Central (take 2)

jhawk23

Welp, nothing changes for me.  BC has a very talented team with several D1 players.  Something BC is not used to having it seems.  Over the years during the Creasy era at Oakland and seeing every home game for the last 8 years up until this year, I have seen tons of these athlethes.  Both on Oakland and the other RuCo teams.  Last year Blackman had 3-4, Riverdale had a few this year and Oakland has had more than their share of them.  I've watched Jacoby Stevens that went on to play and win a national championship with LSU and make it to the pros.  Jordan James who is having a very good season at Oregon.  Trey Knox that played at Arkansas and transferred to another big school.  Can't remember which.  Master Teague that played at Ohio State and countless others I can't recall right now that have played for Power 5 schools.  Point is that this Oakland team is used to having and playing against these guys.  They are experienced.  They have been there before and knows what it takes.  Trust me that the moment will not be too big for them when they face BC and their talented D1 guys.  Should be a good game but I have to stick with the experience and our own D1 guys which Oakland has many now.  Looking for a good game with Oakland coming out on top and a chance to make it four 6A titles in a row.  Never been done.

Bradley Bears might think they will beat Oakland Patriots badly because they have Orlando Carter and many other highly touted athletes. It will not happen. I guarantee it. Oakland Patriots will not be easy to beat. Oakland Patriots will be the best team Bradley Bears have played all season. Oakland Patriots know how to win big games. I will be attending this game on Friday night. It should be a great game. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

49 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

Welp, nothing changes for me.  BC has a very talented team with several D1 players.  Something BC is not used to having it seems.  Over the years during the Creasy era at Oakland and seeing every home game for the last 8 years up until this year, I have seen tons of these athlethes.  Both on Oakland and the other RuCo teams.  Last year Blackman had 3-4, Riverdale had a few this year and Oakland has had more than their share of them.  I've watched Jacoby Stevens that went on to play and win a national championship with LSU and make it to the pros.  Jordan James who is having a very good season at Oregon.  Trey Knox that played at Arkansas and transferred to another big school.  Can't remember which.  Master Teague that played at Ohio State and countless others I can't recall right now that have played for Power 5 schools.  Point is that this Oakland team is used to having and playing against these guys.  They are experienced.  They have been there before and knows what it takes.  Trust me that the moment will not be too big for them when they face BC and their talented D1 guys.  Should be a good game but I have to stick with the experience and our own D1 guys which Oakland has many now.  Looking for a good game with Oakland coming out on top and a chance to make it four 6A titles in a row.  Never been done.

Trey Knox was at Arkansas as a WR and transferred to South Carolina as a TE. They Also had Adonis Otey went to USC and while he did not go on to play college  Conor Mitchell was the QB and touted as one of the fastest kids on the 440 relay team that won state that year and had a pretty decent arm. I agree Oakland has played a number of teams that have more "D-1 Talent" year in and year out and find ways to win. You just can't make up for great coaching. This should be a good game,

Edited by Blaze45

There is only one ‘Bradley’ fan on these boards that tout about all this D1 talent. This Bradley group has several yes, but they communicate and play as a unit so well that’s why they win. A perfect example of discipline and coaching is their front 3 on the defensive line, none of them have a single offer anywhere at any level but get their job done every week. Every team, every week has tried to pick them apart and wear them down, doesn’t go well. 

it’s going to be a great game from both teams. Both are loaded with talented and physical athletes. It’s the matchup everyone has wanted to see happen and with that the stadium should be packed on both sides. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Trey Knox was at Arkansas as a WR and transferred to South Carolina as a TE. They Also had Adonis Otey went to USC and while he did not go on to play college  Conor Mitchell was the QB and touted as one of the fastest kids on the 440 relay team that won state that year and had a pretty decent arm. I agree Oakland has played a number of teams that have more "D-1 Talent" year in and year out and find ways to win. You just can't make up for great coaching. This should be a good game,

Thanks, I know there are many that I just can't recall right now and those are all names I remember well.  Some tremendous athletes have passed through RuCo.  Otey was/is a seriously good athlete.  Remember Mitchell as well.  

Gotta see it to believe it! Boo Carter and company are for real this year. Best season in school history and have broken records along the way. That magical season comes to an end Friday. I am just keeping it real. This is nothing new for the Rebels. To be the man you got to beat the man. That man is Kevin Creasy! Rebels by 14! I am just keeping it real

53 minutes ago, DaddyBawl25 said:

There is only one ‘Bradley’ fan on these boards that tout about all this D1 talent. This Bradley group has several yes, but they communicate and play as a unit so well that’s why they win. A perfect example of discipline and coaching is their front 3 on the defensive line, none of them have a single offer anywhere at any level but get their job done every week. Every team, every week has tried to pick them apart and wear them down, doesn’t go well. 

it’s going to be a great game from both teams. Both are loaded with talented and physical athletes. It’s the matchup everyone has wanted to see happen and with that the stadium should be packed on both sides. 

I completely agree. Bradley has a great team and said that from the get go. I also believe both teams understand and respect the other teams talent and I know it is one person who thinks one team is so much more dominant than the other, By now both of these teams have played and beaten quality teams and competed at a high level. They are both well oiled . well prepared teams who will enterinto a slobber knockin snot finging  battle and on that day one team will be better than the other, It truly could go either way on any day. 

10 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Gotta see it to believe it! Boo Carter and company are for real this year. Best season in school history and have broken records along the way. That magical season comes to an end Friday. I am just keeping it real. This is nothing new for the Rebels. To be the man you got to beat the man. That man is Kevin Creasy! Rebels by 14! I am just keeping it real

TB - you missed a couple of hours sleep. Scratch Rebels and plug Patriots.