Oak Ridge Basketball

bounder

Tough 2 point loss to Fulton last night, who I think is one of the better teams in the state regardless of classification. The big 3 of the twins and Lee is hard to contain. I thought the foul on Coop was an awesome defensive play by him, and was a bad call. Would we have won if that call isn’t made? Not necessarily, but it surely didn’t help, and at the end of the day is just an excuse. It was a legitimate clean block though, if you go back and watch it. At the end of the day, though, we couldn’t take care of the basketball when we needed to the most, and I think our kids will really benefit from this game, even though we lost. It was a tremendous game and well played. No trash talking, just 2 class programs playing their tails off and competing.

I also wanted to give a shoutout to the whole Fulton program and Coach Wright for wearing those pregame warmup shirts to commemorate Brennen Scott. That was very classy of them.

Edited by SweetScience

7 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Tough 2 point loss to Fulton last night, who I think is one of the better teams in the state regardless of classification. The big 3 of the twins and Lee is hard to contain. I thought the foul on Coop was an awesome defensive play by him, and was a bad call. Would we have won if that call isn’t made? Not necessarily, but it surely didn’t help, and at the end of the day is just an excuse. It was a legitimate clean block though, if you go back and watch it. At the end of the day, though, we couldn’t take care of the basketball when we needed to the most, and I think our kids will really benefit from this game, even though we lost. It was a tremendous game and well played. No trash talking, just 2 class programs playing their tails off and competing.

I also wanted to give a shoutout to the whole Fulton program and Coach Wright for wearing those pregame warmup shirts to commemorate Brennen Scott. That was very classy of them.

I think Fulton will win 3A again.

2 hours ago, REBELRON said:

I think Fulton will win 3A again.

They should. I don’t see anyone stopping them, unless there’s a team out west I don’t know about. I’m afraid they’re gonna drop off a bit after this season and losing the big 3. We hammered their JV by 30, so unless they have some move-in’s, they’ll drop off a bit. Of course Wright is a great coach and can work wonders. Hard not to drop off after losing the guys they’ll lose after this season.

Edited by SweetScience

16 hours ago, SweetScience said:

They should. I don’t see anyone stopping them, unless there’s a team out west I don’t know about. I’m afraid they’re gonna drop off a bit after this season and losing the big 3. We hammered their JV by 30, so unless they have some move-in’s, they’ll drop off a bit. Of course Wright is a great coach and can work wonders. Hard not to drop off after losing the guys they’ll lose after this season.

Those 3 killed Maryville also. 

37 minutes ago, Turtle said:

My only question is, will Oak Ridge make the return trip to Austin East next year...... Its time to add them to the schedule, Coach Denard is doing a great job with the AE program 

Wasn’t that game we played against AE part of a tournament that was played at OR though? I don’t know if they’ll be on the schedule or not, to be honest. It wouldn’t bother me if they were. They’re good competition. Cherry is outstanding.

• Upvote 1