Pearl Cohn vs Upperman

Volsfan52

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

You are correct!  @Mavericksinflight must be smoking the good stuff in Washington tonight :lol:.  Even though Martin never made it past Greeneville, he was a true competitor and a player i liked to watch with his Grit in that 2017 playoff game.

Yep slipping with the names but had the correct person just not the name, In my head! Oh well it happens!  Lol :-o

Edited by Mavericksinflight

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

You are correct!  @Mavericksinflight must be smoking the good stuff in Washington tonight :lol:.  Even though Martin never made it past Greeneville, he was a true competitor and a player i liked to watch with his Grit in that 2017 playoff game.

Stanton was tough! IMO he almost made it. He was probably one the more Exciting players I have seen the Mavs have, up to this point. I say that with reservation hoping my great nephew 2029 graduation class will add something to it. :?:

59 minutes ago, SquatchU said:

That honey hole is the running game.

Those Firebirds are big, fast, and physical at the point of attack. 

Those honey bees are about to find out that beating those Blue Devils by only 14 is a sign of things to come. 

Greenville said the same stuff last week and in the end it didn’t really go as planned for them.  At this point there really isn’t any need for anyone talking on the behalf of any team and just see what happens on Saturday. A lot of different things can happen and play factors in this game weather can change a lot of coaches game plan and both of these teams are playing for more then that gold ball. 

1 hour ago, SquatchU said:

That honey hole is the running game.

Those Firebirds are big, fast, and physical at the point of attack. 

Those honey bees are about to find out that beating those Blue Devils by only 14 is a sign of things to come. 

Greenville said the same stuff last week and in the end it didn’t really go as planned for them.  At this point there really isn’t any need for anyone talking on the behalf of any team and just see what happens on Saturday. A lot of different things can happen and play factors in this game weather can change a lot of coaches game plan and both of these teams are playing for more then that gold ball. 

2 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I can’t believe anyone has not mentioned this yet! The weather forecast for Saturday morning is currently calling for an 80% chance of rain with temps in the upper 50’s to low 60’s. For a team like Upperman who can rely mainly on the run game, does that help them by limiting the PC offensive capabilities? What affects could this have on each team? Let’s hear it guys. What say you?!

Considering those weather factors that could very well change things; IMO, benefiting Upperman. 

This game between Upperman and Pearl Cohn reminds me of 2005. In 2005, Livingston Academy had finished the season 5-5 losing 4 games by a total of like 15 points. They slipped in the playoffs. Made a magical run to make the state championship. They were told David Lipscomb was to good. They were told David Lipscomp had better athletes. They were told David Lipscomp had played better teams.  But something about that Hogeye team was special. Like it was destiny. I get that feel with Upperman. Sometimes, I think it's your time. Maybe it's just me, and none of that destiny stuff matters. But I am old school, and I think it just might matter. 

8 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

I can’t believe anyone has not mentioned this yet! The weather forecast for Saturday morning is currently calling for an 80% chance of rain with temps in the upper 50’s to low 60’s. For a team like Upperman who can rely mainly on the run game, does that help them by limiting the PC offensive capabilities? What affects could this have on each team? Let’s hear it guys. What say you?!

Actually was told by kickoff it should stop. You can go either way becauseboth teams like to run. One question is have Upperman played on wet turf?

1 hour ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

This game between Upperman and Pearl Cohn reminds me of 2005. In 2005, Livingston Academy had finished the season 5-5 losing 4 games by a total of like 15 points. They slipped in the playoffs. Made a magical run to make the state championship. They were told David Lipscomb was to good. They were told David Lipscomp had better athletes. They were told David Lipscomp had played better teams.  But something about that Hogeye team was special. Like it was destiny. I get that feel with Upperman. Sometimes, I think it's your time. Maybe it's just me, and none of that destiny stuff matters. But I am old school, and I think it just might matter. 

There is no Wilson Cates playing for the Honey Bees. I threw down a couple of cold ones with Cates in the late 2000s up at the lake. That boy could throw them back all the while getting that Ivy League education. 

it is some one’s time but it’s the Firebirds not the honey bees.

10 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

In my opinion, most people think that PC likes to throw the ball a lot, but if you watch them at all, the best part of their game is their run offense.  They can hand it to #1 and let him use his speed, or line up with #7 to pound it down your throat.  To me, rain may benefit PC more simply because they have more weapons in the backfield.  Oh and never count out using that QB to take off and run.  He can kill you as well. Just my opinion though.  Looking forward to this matchup!

7 minutes ago, GBR1249 said:

In my opinion, most people think that PC likes to throw the ball a lot, but if you watch them at all, the best part of their game is their run offense.  They can hand it to #1 and let him use his speed, or line up with #7 to pound it down your throat.  To me, rain may benefit PC more simply because they have more weapons in the backfield.  Oh and never count out using that QB to take off and run.  He can kill you as well. Just my opinion though.  Looking forward to this matchup!

I agree! Watching the PC/Haywood game, i could see that PC can easily rely on their ground attack to win ballgames. No disrespect to Upperman but PC can pound it too. If it will be rainy saturday, i do not think either team will benefit more than the other. PC's #7 is a beast! Should be a good game but i see PC getting the win. 

• Like 1