Greeneville 2024 will they compete?

greengreen22

On 12/12/2023 at 1:10 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

I feel the same way at this point, at best, even if you think your team can make the state; it's way too early to say that. I will say compete because they have potential. With so many variables, I can see why Swipes says compete. I am also seeing the Mavs competing very well but the have to replace the entire backfield. Pretty confident in staff getting this ready and pretty confident Davey will have a quarterback ready and what I believe is we bring in a dual option QB. Again with that type of QB we will need to have a good backup. 

I think AC got the QB from CCHS.  If the new 1 time transfer rule gets approved and I think it will AC sits in the perfect spot to draw transfers from the north (CCHS) and from other Andersen county schools (Clinton and oak ridge) and from Roane county as well. Davey has improved his program enough that kids will go there with a chance to compete for state championships.  The new transfer rule will change high school sports. It will be the wild Wild West in recruiting student athletes.  Unfortunately the rich will stay rich and the poor will stay poor. Schools with struggling programs but a few decent players will be continue to struggle as they will lose these kids.  

51 minutes ago, Orangeslide said:

I think AC got the QB from CCHS.  If the new 1 time transfer rule gets approved and I think it will AC sits in the perfect spot to draw transfers from the north (CCHS) and from other Andersen county schools (Clinton and oak ridge) and from Roane county as well. Davey has improved his program enough that kids will go there with a chance to compete for state championships.  The new transfer rule will change high school sports. It will be the wild Wild West in recruiting student athletes.  Unfortunately the rich will stay rich and the poor will stay poor. Schools with struggling programs but a few decent players will be continue to struggle as they will lose these kids.  

If it passes I belive that you will see alot of coaches leave or just quit coaching.  This would be the death of high school sports.  The school voucher will do the same thing.  That's my 2 cents 

12 hours ago, Orangeslide said:

Yeah I think AC has really grown over the years too. If AC does get the QB transfer it could be a good thing, especially since CC used a similar system. AC still had pretty good option in Cody Miller. 

11 hours ago, newcyclone said:

If it passes I belive that you will see alot of coaches leave or just quit coaching.  This would be the death of high school sports.  The school voucher will do the same thing.  That's my 2 cents 

Yeah it's hard to compete when it is the wild West. Big get bigger. A good coach will have to work harder and that will be hard to find. But the way everything is going, I think it was inevitable. 

15 hours ago, Orangeslide said:

That QB did enroll at AC, from what i was told by somebody close.  

The thing to remember is that if the TSSAA passes the one-time transfer rule, the transfer still has to be approved by the school district where the student wants to transfer in to.  Different districts have different criteria to qualify for a transfer in from out of zone. 

2 hours ago, HTV said:

That QB did enroll at AC, from what i was told by somebody close.  

The thing to remember is that if the TSSAA passes the one-time transfer rule, the transfer still has to be approved by the school district where the student wants to transfer in to.  Different districts have different criteria to qualify for a transfer in from out of zone. 

Trust me, unless the transfer player has a serious disciplinary issue, the AC school system will accept them if they play athletics, in particular football. 

50 minutes ago, Orangeslide said:

Trust me, unless the transfer player has a serious disciplinary issue, the AC school system will accept them if they play athletics, in particular football. 

Understand. Wasn't talking about him in particular. Just about the potential 1 transfer rule in general. 

He's going to have to move to the AC zone to be eligible at this point. 

18 hours ago, Orangeslide said:

Yeah AC will definitely take incoming talent. Should be looking good for AC 2024, and now even better. But no matter what we say t's going to be about good preparation from coaching and players., as AC begins another run. 

On 12/7/2023 at 8:47 AM, Swipes said:

I think Greeneville will have the athletes to still make a run but will depend on if we get out coached. 

Greeneville showed that we could throw the Ball against Upperman with over 200 yards passing but it was to little to late with not mixing it up between Quillen running the ball and the passing game (Zayden Anderson's 2 receiving TD's kept us in the game).  I got chastised on here by so called Greeneville fans for saying we needed to be more balanced and spread the ball around and couldn't just rely on the D and Quillen running the ball late in the play-offs (Which sadly I was right).  We also need to make better adjustments as a coaching staff in game.  I don't care how good our D was when we didn't go to a Bear Front when Upperman was running it down our throats (Hard to play 8 on 6 in the box no matter how good your front 6 are).  Lets see if we will finally learn to do that and if not then no we won't compete outside of the first few round of the playoffs

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!