1 Free transfer??

FBfan26

1 hour ago, alt1958b said:

Ok here is the facts. Steve Hargis has an article about it in the Times-free Press this morning.

This move is tied to a law sponsored by Adiam Lowe and passed by the state legislature last summer. Basically the State Legislative passed a law saying that students can transfer at will.

TSSAA is over the barrel on what to do because the rules don't align with state law now. It's either find a way to allow transfers or get superseded by law and lawsuits.

Now the voucher bill is another facet of this but the law that is forcing the TSSAA's hand is already in effect while the voucher law has not passed yet.

Hargis: TSSAA’s punt only delays addressing transfer rules | Chattanooga Times Free Press

It's all for the same reason.

On 12/6/2023 at 8:05 PM, strongx said:

I think we are headed to sports moving out of the high schools. Nobody wants to pay for the schools let alone pay for others kids to play sports. Losing the school pride part will stink, but the sports will be a little better. Everybody can play right thru summer. Are there travel tennis teams?

all cause they took Amen and pledge allegiance outta that first mornin classroom

Booger just sayin :twisted:

5 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Not just the ability...the intent is for taxpayers to pay for their tuition. Problem (for the public) is, private schools will only accept those they choose to. The tagline is "give the people a choice of where their kids go to school", when it should be "give the privates the ability to enroll students without scholarships", and without playing restrictions. Add NIL money and schools will have the unrestricted ability to assemble super teams handpicked from as large of a radius as they wish.

I've never seen an administration that hates public schools quite like this current governor. I know everyone thinks the TSSAA is the root of all problems, but this is something out of their control

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I've never seen an administration that hates public schools quite like this current governor. I know everyone thinks the TSSAA is the root of all problems, but this is something out of their control

I agree our governor seems to hate public schooling and pushing hard on charter/private schools.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I agree our governor seems to hate public schooling and pushing hard on charter/private schools.

Which is pretty ironic since Lee graduated from a public school and pretty sure his wife taught at one. I'd actually respect him more if he came out and said instead of hiding behind this "school choice" bs

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Everybody gets so emotional lol He’s just looking at the data and where public schools are compared to where they have been and where they are trending. They are down in ever major category such as Science, Math, Reading for 30 years and no amount of funding or boo hooing has seemed to curve it because its a home, policy and ten other thing issue so why not try something different instead of pumping money in something that keeps failing.  Idk on whose right or wrong but something will give. The average kid coming out of high school struggles to read at a 7th grade level or do simple math and don’t have any ability to work with their hands either lol

7 minutes ago, HonkyNinja12 said:

Everybody gets so emotional lol He’s just looking at the data and where public schools are compared to where they have been and where they are trending. They are down in ever major category such as Science, Math, Reading for 30 years and no amount of funding or boo hooing has seemed to curve it because its a home, policy and ten other thing issue so why not try something different instead of pumping money in something that keeps failing.  Idk on whose right or wrong but something will give. The average kid coming out of high school struggles to read at a 7th grade level or do simple math and don’t have any ability to work with their hands either lol

Smart kids who are good students are kind of like football players .... Yes they need a good teacher / coach to guide them BUT ultimately their trajectory has a lot more to do with genetics and parents than who ends up teaching / coaching them.... Ever heard the phrase "can't coach big" or "can't fix stupid"? Your ceiling is your ceiling and if your kid struggles to read at a 7th grade level or do simple math, and can't work with his hands - well Parent that's YOUR fault - either by way of genetics or because YOU did't help them gain the skills due to lack of practice and guidance at home. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, HonkyNinja12 said:

Something that we as a country do a piss poor job of is promoting trade/vocational schools. College isn't for everyone and you shouldn't be made to feel stupid just because it's not for you. Absolutely agree that we as a country dont give kids the tools to have a chance to make a living with their hands

2 minutes ago, 422PT said:

Smart kids who are good students are kind of like football players .... Yes they need a good teacher / coach to guide them BUT ultimately their trajectory has a lot more to do with genetics and parents than who ends up teaching / coaching them.... Ever heard the phrase "can't coach big" or "can't fix stupid"? Your ceiling is your ceiling and if your kid struggles to read at a 7th grade level or do simple math, and can't work with his hands - well Parent that's YOUR fault - either by way of genetics or because YOU did't help them gain the skills due to lack of practice and guidance at home. 

I agree we need to quit putting so much focus on the parents and the kids that don’t care or try and more attention on the go getters whose parents actually teach them and guide them and will be running this darn ole place one day lol