Who will win the state title in 4A in 2024

Volsfan52

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

AC won't win it this year if they only get players from CC. That isn't enough and they know it.

AC has another pretty challenging schedule. West Science Hill, Powell, Bearden and Clinton; not in that order. I can't say AC would not benefit from transfers. I think a commitment to play at AC would also be an offer to have a chance to start. And not sure but AC may have received the cream of the crop from CCHS and on top of AC's already potential starters could and actually should put them in the running for another state championship. Won't know how they work out until spring. And door still open for some gaps to be filled from any additional future transfers. 

16 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

AC has another pretty challenging schedule. West Science Hill, Powell, Bearden and Clinton; not in that order. I can't say AC would not benefit from transfers. I think a commitment to play at AC would also be an offer to have a chance to start. And not sure but AC may have received the cream of the crop from CCHS and on top of AC's already potential starters could and actually should put them in the running for another state championship. Won't know how they work out until spring. And door still open for some gaps to be filled from any additional future transfers. 

They have done well for last year and this year of scheduling a good non region slate. I wonder if they will benefit from it more this year.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 6:11 PM, Volsfan52 said:

this coming year should be interesting. There is alot of good teams returning a lot players. Upperman lost alot but is returning really good players. Macon is returning the borders twins so you have to feel they our going to be really good.

Both Upperman while Paulk and Chaffin are there, and Macon with the Border twins, will both be teams to watch in 4a. Key is do they have enough big boys up front to make it happen. 

On 12/12/2023 at 12:50 PM, OntheRidge said:

Expect Macon and Upperman to make noise in the East. Would not surprise me the least to see two matchups again next year. Upper Cumberland football is on the rise!

Remember this name from Upperman: Theo Brown. Around 6'4 200 pound athlete  at 2023 seasons end and he started to make waves. I see him being huge along with Fitz, Chaffin, Paul, Johnson. UHS will need to rebuild up front.

Same with Macon. Was small in the trenches abd was the difference vs UHS