Who will win the state title in 4A in 2024

Volsfan52

On 12/12/2023 at 12:55 PM, TotallynotLEO said:

I said before this season, 6-4. 

I see,  in person,  what they have.  They will not have as many athletes next year.  

AC is always 1 or 2 key injuries away from going 5-5. I'll say continue to enjoy last year,  it'll be a while before it comes around again.  

They had to recruit a qb last year because the presumed starter is playing for oak ridge now.  

Hate to tell ya, but you could say that for 95% of the state. Credit to AC for challenging themselves in non-region instead of go the easy route to a 10-0 record

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2023 at 10:28 AM, MidTennFootball said:

Hate to tell ya, but you could say that for 95% of the state. Credit to AC for challenging themselves in non-region instead of go the easy route to a 10-0 record

Fair point.  Maybe I'm a bit pessimistic. The coaches were nothing but nice and professional with my kids down there.  I can't say that I agree with everything that's happened in the past and I do question priorities. Overall it's a good program but they don't always have the horses. Like next year. 

5 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Beyond time for the Magnet Schools to get the same boot that private schools got. Send all of them to D2. They have an unfair advantage in being able to manipulate enrollment data and pick and choose which students they accept.

Yes let's move the goal post for the grand number of TWO magnet schools that happened to be good at football and have only won a single state title bewteen them in the last 25 years.

Would you even care if either were 5-5 every year? Of course not,  meanwhile Pearl and EN have to constantly fend off the alphabets from leeching off their talent, yet they thrive in spite of their disadvantages. 

We used to tell our kids to improvise, adapt, overcome. Now we just pat them on the back and tell them to blame someone else for their failings,  take their ball and go home like your doing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Yes let's move the goal post for the grand number of TWO magnet schools that happened to be good at football and have only won a single state title bewteen them in the last 25 years.

Would you even care if either were 5-5 every year? Of course not,  meanwhile Pearl and EN have to constantly fend off the alphabets from leeching off their talent, yet they thrive in spite of their disadvantages. 

We used to tell our kids to improvise, adapt, overcome. Now we just pat them on the back and tell them to blame someone else for their failings,  take their ball and go home like your doing.

So you're obviously not a fan of equity. 

On 12/21/2023 at 11:32 AM, tennesseeannouncer said:

Beyond time for the Magnet Schools to get the same boot that private schools got. Send all of them to D2. They have an unfair advantage in being able to manipulate enrollment data and pick and choose which students they accept.

With the unavoidable transfer rule and NIL consequences looming, it's pointless to try and get ahead of athletes moving around to better their situations using the current restrictions... just the tip of the iceberg is showing so far and it will get much worse in a hurry. Just wait and see what happens to small town athletics in the near future.

48 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

With the unavoidable transfer rule and NIL consequences looming, it's pointless to try and get ahead of athletes moving around to better their situations using the current restrictions... just the tip of the iceberg is showing so far and it will get much worse in a hurry. Just wait and see what happens to small town athletics in the near future.

Great points. And this doesn’t even include the impact of the Governor’s voucher program.