Who will win the state title in 4A in 2024

Volsfan52

I have high expectations for Haywood! They do not lose a lot, this will be the 2nd year for Coach Puckett, and the QB is young (though i do not know the status of his injury). They exceeded a lot of expectations this season, and with most coming back, the chances of making history are good! 

2 hours ago, Dp81 said:

I have high expectations for Haywood! They do not lose a lot, this will be the 2nd year for Coach Puckett, and the QB is young (though i do not know the status of his injury). They exceeded a lot of expectations this season, and with most coming back, the chances of making history are good! 

Haywood Tomcats always have great players. Haywood Tomcats had great players before Coach Puckett and will have great players after Coach Puckett. Haywood Tomcats will make some noise in the west next season. I guarantee it. Does anyone want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

• Like 1

There are average 48 4A teams each year.    Over the past 10 years the following have made the state title game.   The probability is very high that the 2024 state title game will feature two of the teams listed below (minus of course Catholic & Central)

Anderson County (1)
Elizabethton (3)
Greeneville (2)
Haywood (2)
Knox Catholic (1)   * moved to Division II in 2019
Knox Central (1)   * moved to 5A in 2017
Knox Fulton (1)
Memphis East (1)
Pearl Cohn (3)    * moved to 4A in 2021, 2 title appearances were in 3A
Springfield (2)
Trezevant (1)
Tullahoma (1)
Upperman (1)    * moved to 4A in 2021

7 hours ago, blazer1set said:

There are average 48 4A teams each year.    Over the past 10 years the following have made the state title game.   The probability is very high that the 2024 state title game will feature two of the teams listed below (minus of course Catholic & Central)

Anderson County (1)
Elizabethton (3)
Greeneville (2)
Haywood (2)
Knox Catholic (1)   * moved to Division II in 2019
Knox Central (1)   * moved to 5A in 2017
Knox Fulton (1)
Memphis East (1)
Pearl Cohn (3)    * moved to 4A in 2021, 2 title appearances were in 3A
Springfield (2)
Trezevant (1)
Tullahoma (1)
Upperman (1)    * moved to 4A in 2021

Not a bad list but there are some more teams on there that are no longer 4a. (Springfield and Tullahoma are 5A, Memphis East is 3a, and Trezevant is 2a)

On 12/6/2023 at 7:21 PM, crow6424 said:

Pearl Cohn always reloads

Greeneville, Elizabethton, and Anderson out east

Haywood is always quality

That’s a good list but you can’t leave out upperman. I think Haywood will come out of west TN.  PC is losing a lot but this upcoming JR & senior class is just as dangerous lead by #1. They don’t want to me nobody’s punching bag. Also interesting to see how these upcoming sophomores play.