Fulton New HC

justafan75

1 hour ago, pdover1776 said:

Grace will not win more than 3 games a season until they invest in getting athletes to visit and attend that school.  Right now they have zero interest in working with and allowing kids from certian areas and backgrounds to be a part of anything there.  Go to the Lonsdale area...go to East Knoxville and Emerald Youth and offer vouchers, scholorships, finacial aid to THOSE kids.  They WON'T.  And we all know why.

Why?

3 minutes ago, pdover1776 said:

Because they don't want that type of income and dynamic in their school.  Really I shouldn't have to respond to your "why?" question...I know you are just acting dumb. 

The powers at Grace would not admit to it but I think you are right. Plus they dont want to have another ban from recruiting.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, WoodlawnFalcons said:

What is Grace going to do to start winning next year? Tough region for them to compete in when the "higher ups" in the school don't seem to care much about football. 

Get a guy who can develop kids. I feel bad for the kids. They had the talent but just didn’t get developed the way you need to to compete in DII. 29-16 the first 4 years of DII. 8-22 the last 3 years. Nothing has changed other than hiring Long. I wish the guy well. He was a long shot since he had no HC experience and that probably had something to do with his W-L’s. 

4 hours ago, pdover1776 said:

Grace will not win more than 3 games a season until they invest in getting athletes to visit and attend that school.  Right now they have zero interest in working with and allowing kids from certian areas and backgrounds to be a part of anything there.  Go to the Lonsdale area...go to East Knoxville and Emerald Youth and offer vouchers, scholorships, finacial aid to THOSE kids.  They WON'T.  And we all know why.

We were winning in DII before this hire. I think it was a good guy but too much to handle. I wish him well at Fulton. As far as bringing in kids, that’s a process that has to be followed. An applicant has to apply for financial aid through an independent 3rd party to determine their financial percentage they can be given by a school. Until recently, GCA hasn’t had the ability to fund those financial aid situations. We have a good system of donors in place now that’s allowing us to reach out to the communities you mentioned and others. Diversity is a good thing and it’s good for the kids, as well. So, I agree with you, I hope we can continue to offer financial aid packages that will allow kids to attend GCA. And not just athletes, btw. 

39 minutes ago, gcapride said:

We were winning in DII before this hire. I think it was a good guy but too much to handle. I wish him well at Fulton. As far as bringing in kids, that’s a process that has to be followed. An applicant has to apply for financial aid through an independent 3rd party to determine their financial percentage they can be given by a school. Until recently, GCA hasn’t had the ability to fund those financial aid situations. We have a good system of donors in place now that’s allowing us to reach out to the communities you mentioned and others. Diversity is a good thing and it’s good for the kids, as well. So, I agree with you, I hope we can continue to offer financial aid packages that will allow kids to attend GCA. And not just athletes, btw. 

If Grace Rams do not follow the rules they will get busted again. You do not want that to happen. If they did not follow the rules they would not get away with it. It will not happen. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.