Grace Christian Head Coach Opening

SheriffofRedRock

1 hour ago, CYJACKETT said:

Grace couldn't compete in 1A against the likes of Coalfield, Greenback, Harriman, Oliver Springs, South Pitt, Gordonsville, etc. They just do not have very good athlete's in anything other than basketball. 

maybe now...but that wernt the case a few year ago

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

1 hour ago, QSouth89 said:

I've heard rumors that Brentwood Academy was going to try and hire Coach Quarrels.  I think he will stay in the college ranks.

ive also seen the same here on the message boards. You just never know with these privates even though its a longshot. they seem to always have more flexibility and it depends on how willing they are to be good.

41 minutes ago, 3DayWknd said:

I know this is a Grace Christian post but mindful that some Knoxville people may be following it, what is Knoxville Catholic doing with their coaching situation? Weren't they the ones who needed a quick fix over the summer and went with co-coaches? 

Matthews was always going to the coach it just happened sooner than later.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OneEyedKing said:

maybe one of the coaches unloaded from carson newman comes to GCA. thinking baptist to baptist connection. 

One things for sure, it will be a man with high character, just like Long was/is. Looking at the recent athletic hires, they've all been home runs. The AD/Boys BBall coach, the girls BBall coaches, the baseball coach, ALL are top notch and will have those programs winning and competing for championships. I'm sure they will find the right person to bring the football program back, as well. 

Edited by gcapride
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, 3DayWknd said:

I know this is a Grace Christian post but mindful that some Knoxville people may be following it, what is Knoxville Catholic doing with their coaching situation? Weren't they the ones who needed a quick fix over the summer and went with co-coaches? 

I am sure Grace wants nothing to do with co-anything from Catholic. They better go get Rusty back. 

I just read the first problem with this and know why Grace has been bad. The AD is a basketball coach and friends he’s going get his dudes…. Can’t have a guy like that running a very competitive for players west Knox school. Slow, tough kids aren’t going to cut it!  Gotta be able to tackle, run, pass the ball without the qb on his back every play. 
I would call J Lowery who would do an amazing job and could whip your softball team in shape also! 

• Upvote 1