Grace Christian Head Coach Opening

SheriffofRedRock

2 hours ago, RiverRat95 said:

Not likely. Which games that you lost do you think you should have won? Lakeway- maybe. Silverdale maybe. 5-5 was the ceiling. 5-5 will be the ceiling in 2024 as well. I have a feeling that won’t make you happy. Talent level awareness should be addressed quickly it seems. 

Sounds like you’re one of the assistants that’s on his way out the door with your talent assessment. I would counter with the fact that the best athlete on the team played less than 25% of the snaps. I’d say that’s on the HC not recognizing or comprehending his talent. Before you start, no, I’m not a players Dad anymore. But, that Freshman should’ve played every down until he had to come out on his own. I promise you he’ll get his full workload next year. 

1 hour ago, gcapride said:

We’ll be fine. Rusty could coach and he won with the kids walking the halls at GCA. I believe our new HC and his DC are better coaches than Rusty. Minimum 5 wins next year. I’d say they pull out another W to go 6-4 regular season. I agree with you on staying healthy. Small schools can’t afford injuries. And your comment about 3-4 difference makers, agree also. You must be a small school guy, good opinion. I would also say that we have 3-4 difference makers already there. 

Good point here. I’ll add I think the AA football is different than it was when it started. Also, Knox area public schools are stronger than they used to be in football and really over all in athletics. The rise and continued success of Knox West, Powell, Bearden, Clinton, Oak Ridge, Anderson, Farragut…etc…also makes it more difficult. 

In addition,Catholic is still top private football school, CAK will keep getting better, Concord will be really good really fast, Webb has a great staff, this isn’t even discussing the rest of the region that includes a hall of fame coach at Boyd etc… I think it’s the toughest A or AA region top to bottom. 

Finally, the mid-state private schools are on a different level. I think it will take significant change for anyone in East to compete for a state championship. 

Edited by EastTNfootballFan111

50 minutes ago, EastTNfootballFan111 said:

Good point here. I’ll add I think the AA football is different than it was when it started. Also, Knox area public schools are stronger than they used to be in football and really over all in athletics. The rise and continued success of Knox West, Powell, Bearden, Clinton, Oak Ridge, Anderson, Farragut…etc…also makes it more difficult. 

In addition,Catholic is still top private football school, CAK will keep getting better, Concord will be really good really fast, Webb has a great staff, this isn’t even discussing the rest of the region that includes a hall of fame coach at Boyd etc… I think it’s the toughest A or AA region top to bottom. 

Finally, the mid-state private schools are on a different level. I think it will take significant change for anyone in East to compete for a state championship. 

The toughest AA region is in the middle. CPA, Davidson, FRA and Lipscomb will be back after next year. Not even close.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

The toughest AA region is in the middle. CPA, Davidson, FRA and Lipscomb will be back after next year. Not even close.

I agree with those teams, especially CPA, FRA…that’s why I said, “Finally, the mid-state private schools are on a different level. I think it will take significant change for anyone in East to compete for a state championship.” 

However, until Lipscomb returns it’s only 7 teams, and the bottom 4 struggled mightily. Most will have new coaches etc… I think most of east is trending up, and the middle is growing divide within the region. The top is elite, the others will struggle to move up because of that. 

33 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Head to Head, as best as I could tell East had the edge 4 times out of the 7 they played against each other. The only middle wins came from FRA and CPA. Those two are definitely elite! Fun to watch!

11 hours ago, EastTNfootballFan111 said:

east DA and/or DAA region not even a sniff to matchin up with south Nashville region as the toughest region.....only 2 east squads collected W's in the first round of post season....the rest were smoked by M & W region.....and the E#2 seed.... Haslam Pilot Petroleum School of Knoxville got smoked in its second round contest by the M#2

......but ETfF111 correct bout the Gold Ball havin to go thru the middle.....

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

1 hour ago, Booger said:

east DA and/or DAA region not even a sniff to matchin up with south Nashville region as the toughest region.....only 2 east squads collected W's in the first round of post season....the rest were smoked by M & W region.....and the E#2 seed.... Haslam Pilot Petroleum School of Knoxville got smoked in its second round contest by the M#2

......but ETfF111 correct bout the Gold Ball havin to go thru the middle.....

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

What do you think would have to change in order for East to compete with the elite schools in middle tn? The population of Nashville has grown so large and the private schools have so many resources? Seems like a really difficult task. My Maryville Rebels are even struggling to compete?!?

5 hours ago, EastTNfootballFan111 said:

What do you think would have to change in order for East to compete with the elite schools in middle tn? The population of Nashville has grown so large and the private schools have so many resources? Seems like a really difficult task. My Maryville Rebels are even struggling to compete?!?

Nashville has always been good, but Dilfer coming to town really forced all the privates to step up and put some more effort into football, bringing the spotlight more to Nashville and D2 football especially. FRA took advantage of that spotlight, and it paid off, amazing, smart coach over there.

• Thanks 1