Jeff Miner steps down at HVA

JournalEntry

On 12/18/2023 at 5:32 PM, BigTime1950 said:

So throw some names out there that you think can get HVA back to competing with the other Knox County Schools and surrounding counties for Ws and players. You have to compete and succeed close to home first if you are going to be successful. Would CWJ come back?

CWJ did an incredible job of building the program. I’m not sure if he would want to come back this way, nor essentially rebuild a program that he built to begin with. 

I’ve heard some names, CBT being one. While I think you could definitely make a worse higher, I don’t know the level of success he’s shown without Mr. Football caliber players, but if he’s bringing those with him then let’s go! I’ve also heard one sitting head coach in the area, and a county coordinator’s name. 

I’ve read posts about our administration, my question is, is it our admin or is it just every admin in knox county? Very few of them seem to just be willing to do what it takes for athletics to succeed. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, QuoteTheHawks said:

CWJ did an incredible job of building the program. I’m not sure if he would want to come back this way, nor essentially rebuild a program that he built to begin with. 

I’ve heard some names, CBT being one. While I think you could definitely make a worse higher, I don’t know the level of success he’s shown without Mr. Football caliber players, but if he’s bringing those with him then let’s go! I’ve also heard one sitting head coach in the area, and a county coordinator’s name. 

I’ve read posts about our administration, my question is, is it our admin or is it just every admin in knox county? Very few of them seem to just be willing to do what it takes for athletics to succeed. 

Admin don’t care to be good at football. Look at Bearden, same county and they seem to care. They let football players come in left and right 

36 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Admin don’t care to be good at football. Look at Bearden, same county and they seem to care. They let football players come in left and right 

I think this shows how little Bearden cares about football. They’ve subcontracted out their entire staff outside of one PE teacher who has no real coaching obligation and is just there to market the program in the building. They want nothing to do with football.

2 hours ago, JournalEntry said:

I think this shows how little Bearden cares about football. They’ve subcontracted out their entire staff outside of one PE teacher who has no real coaching obligation and is just there to market the program in the building. They want nothing to do with football.

The BHS administration, Coach Jones, the football coaching staff, and selected parents have turned BHS football into a glorified AAU club football playing TSSAA sanctioned football. What's next, some weekend travel tournaments off the books in Florida?

On 12/23/2023 at 8:30 AM, QuoteTheHawks said:

I have heard that the Carter Head Football Coach has applied and also Rusty Bradley has applied.