Jeff Miner steps down at HVA

JournalEntry

27 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

So throw some names out there that you think can get HVA back to competing with the other Knox County Schools and surrounding counties for Ws and players. You have to compete and succeed close to home first if you are going to be successful. Would CWJ come back?

kevin lane brad Taylor?

Edited by OneEyedKing

I thought Brad Taylor was bound for the college ranks as an assistant or coordinator??  When I saw HVA play a couple of times, I didn't think they had the talent or the depth to play in their Region. Coach Miner did as good a job as possible with what he had available. HVA will need the right coach and the right players as well. 

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

I thought Brad Taylor was bound for the college ranks as an assistant or coordinator??  When I saw HVA play a couple of times, I didn't think they had the talent or the depth to play in their Region. Coach Miner did as good a job as possible with what he had available. HVA will need the right coach and the right players as well. 

HVA is just not a good football job. Football is way down the sports priority list there.  Until the discouraging of students playing multiple sports ends from some of the coaches there football is going to be playing shorthanded.  

No offense to some guys, but they need a younger coach with some energy instead of an older coach looking to find a place to end a career.  

With HVA being one of the top 10 or so high schools in Tennessee in terms of enrollment there is absolutely no excuse for not being competitive in football.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HTV said:

HVA is just not a good football job. Football is way down the sports priority list there.  Until the discouraging of students playing multiple sports ends from some of the coaches there football is going to be playing shorthanded.  

No offense to some guys, but they need a younger coach with some energy instead of an older coach looking to find a place to end a career.  

With HVA being one of the top 10 or so high schools in Tennessee in terms of enrollment there is absolutely no excuse for not being competitive in football.  

Completely agree. The student body cross-section is very similar to Farragut, but the emphasis on football is very different between the two schools. As successful as Farragut is across multiple sports, it'll be interesting to see if that emphasis changes at all whenever Eddie Courtney decides to retire.

Edited by osunut2