High School Basketball Problems

Random1234

On 12/19/2023 at 11:34 AM, Random1234 said:

McMinn County loses their coach, heard Greenback no longer has a boys basketball team over a fight? What is going on with the state of HS basketball in East TN? 

A head coach made a bad decision and a few fans get out of hand, but the other 100 schools in East TN are just fine lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MSUBac2001 said:

Clearly the 2 men knew one another. But that was not the fault of any child playing. Just one dad running his mouth to the wrong person. Be glad that one Wasn't concealed carrying a firearm. That day is coming.

It was probably two dad's from Oakdale. Players didnt get involved until the other parents tried to break them up. 

On 12/21/2023 at 1:28 PM, TtownReject said:

Clearly the 2 men knew one another. But that was not the fault of any child playing. Just one dad running his mouth to the wrong person. Be glad that one Wasn't concealed carrying a firearm. That day is coming.

It was probably two dad's from Oakdale. Players didnt get involved until the other parents tried to break them up. 

Inevitable, I just hope it doesn't happen in my presence.

On 12/21/2023 at 1:28 PM, TtownReject said:

I know of no school function or facility that a civilian is allowed to conceal carry in. That day came a long time ago. I've had a permit for over 20 years in 3 different states. Never carried to a high school basketball game. 

On 12/23/2023 at 11:09 PM, UTRok said:

I know of no school function or facility that a civilian is allowed to conceal carry in. That day came a long time ago. I've had a permit for over 20 years in 3 different states. Never carried to a high school basketball game. 

It is a felony to be in possession of a weapon while attending a school function. 

There is no “conceal” carry in Tennessee nor a requirement for a handgun permit.  As long as you can legally own a handgun, then you can carry how you want where you want with exception to the places prohibited by state or federal law. 

Edited by mg

On 12/23/2023 at 11:09 PM, UTRok said:

You actually care about the law, others do not. Those are the people i am worried about.