Cummings named Coach at LC.

ILB1999

19 hours ago, ILB1999 said:

I think they didn't lose much.  They went 7-5 last year?  I bet they improve on that record.

They still have a few young pieces, but they lose the DC's kid who basically did everything for them in their single wing attack. I think they lose a couple of linemen too. I wouldn't expect the record to improve. Give SC a couple of years to get some kids in and then they will have something to work with in that region. 

11 minutes ago, TheRedDevil1986 said:

They still have a few young pieces, but they lose the DC's kid who basically did everything for them in their single wing attack. I think they lose a couple of linemen too. I wouldn't expect the record to improve. Give SC a couple of years to get some kids in and then they will have something to work with in that region. 

I agree that the region is easier than most. OR will be in a down year talent wise. Clinton had an anomaly with some SD, Alcoa 2nd teamers and central kids. Karns is pitiful and CC will barely have over 40 on the roster 

3 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I agree that the region is easier than most. OR will be in a down year talent wise. Clinton had an anomaly with some SD, Alcoa 2nd teamers and central kids. Karns is pitiful and CC will barely have over 40 on the roster 

Agree. OR may finally be better in OL and qb should take a big step after two years of learning on the job.  CC will start the year with about 40.  Enurstin how many they end with. 

2 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Agree. OR may finally be better in OL and qb should take a big step after two years of learning on the job.  CC will start the year with about 40.  Enurstin how many they end with. 

IF the OL is better that would be unfortunate timing with losing those great athletes. 

2024 region standings

1. OR

2. Clinton

3. LC

4. Karns

5. CC

Maybe 4 and 5 switch those two will be scared going to fight each other

3 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

IF the OL is better that would be unfortunate timing with losing those great athletes. 

2024 region standings

1. OR

2. Clinton

3. LC

4. Karns

5. CC

Maybe 4 and 5 switch those two will be scared going to fight each other

Sign me up for that. I'll take it.  Ha

Just now, SheriffofRedRock said:

The problem is 5A is West's classification for the foreseeable future

No question, as long as that staff and admin stays in place the Rebs will be in business.  The numbers are steady growing every year.  should have about 150 including frosh next Aug.  Need more locker room space pronto. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

No question, as long as that staff and admin stays in place the Rebs will be in business.  The numbers are steady growing every year.  should have about 150 including frosh next Aug.  Need more locker room space pronto. 

With what knox county pays teachers and coaches they have be getting some extra from boosters or something for that staff to stay together and not seek employment elsewhere 

21 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

I am interested on how they convert from the single wing offense to more of a modern offense, but I agree that they seem on the upward trend

No way they have a better record.....they lose a lot of grit and I don't think there is a QB anywhere......unless as some have said SC "brings in" some guys

On 2/22/2024 at 9:26 AM, oridgecat said:

I wish more school boards would realize that space for locker rooms and weight rooms do not just benefit the football team. Those weight rooms are absolutely pivotal for all athletes. The locker rooms for football are always going to need to be larger than you think for fluctuation year to year, equipment and them being the largest by numbers athletic teams on campus. 

On 2/25/2024 at 5:52 PM, swift13 said:

I wish more school boards would realize that space for locker rooms and weight rooms do not just benefit the football team. Those weight rooms are absolutely pivotal for all athletes. The locker rooms for football are always going to need to be larger than you think for fluctuation year to year, equipment and them being the largest by numbers athletic teams on campus. 

Rumor I have heard is that LC is going to be building an indoor facility that will put Clinton's to shame

• Upvote 1