Cummings named Coach at LC.

ILB1999

17 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I don't think it will either.  Lenoir City is growing like crazy and up 6% just from last years student population for the school system.  They are building an all purpose facility with a 1 cent per dollar sales tax increase so could attract some kids from the county or Farragut

https://twitter.com/LenoirCityFB_/status/1777722025685000583/photo/1

Yes that is what I was referring to

16 minutes ago, Tonto10 said:

IF and that is a big IF the county school is opened LC will drop enrollment big time!! 70% of the schools enrollment is technically county kids. the second BIG IF is the indoor facility only happens IF the sales tax increase passes......

I was told that the indoor facility is happening regardless of the vote on the taxes but it would be a much bigger project with more funds if they vote goes through

17 minutes ago, Tonto10 said:

IF and that is a big IF the county school is opened LC will drop enrollment big time!! 70% of the schools enrollment is technically county kids. the second BIG IF is the indoor facility only happens IF the sales tax increase passes......

I find it hard to believe that 70% of a schools enrollment is zoned for another school district

On 4/19/2024 at 12:13 PM, SheriffofRedRock said:

I find it hard to believe that 70% of a schools enrollment is zoned for another school district

You are right I exaggerated....I think its more like 52%. Its an open enrollment County. choose where to go your freshman year. 

On 4/19/2024 at 12:12 PM, SheriffofRedRock said:

I was told that the indoor facility is happening regardless of the vote on the taxes but it would be a much bigger project with more funds if they vote goes through

No new taxes for Lenoir CIty......big donor time then. Matlock's.....Wamplers....who else????

3 hours ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

So the county itself is open enrollment but has city and county schools?

Two different school systems but both our open enrollment like 95% of the public schools in Tennessee in the eyes of the TSSAA

45 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Ha well I would say that being open enrollment with TSSAA and actual school systems are always different

Well per the State and per TSSAA an open enrollment school is any school that has a transfer policy on file with their school board that will allow someone not zoned for that school to attend. (Must provide their own transportation and keep in good standing with the school both academically and  behaviorally or they will kick you out.  Usually will charge a fee between city and county taxes if one is a City School).  Now getting an approval might be easier in some school systems than other but the same rules would apply. 

2 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Well per the State and per TSSAA an open enrollment school is any school that has a transfer policy on file with their school board that will allow someone not zoned for that school to attend. (Must provide their own transportation and keep in good standing with the school both academically and  behaviorally or they will kick you out.  Usually will charge a fee between city and county taxes if one is a City School).  Now getting an approval might be easier in some school systems than other but the same rules would apply. 

All makes sense. Thanks for the info